4/5/09 Mopar Club

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Against my better judgement, I accepted my Wife's advice and went to the cruise. Her idea, not mine. But I didn't exactly go at it kicking & screaming either.... 8)

We had a small turn out considering how nice a day it was. Low 60's feels fantastic after freezing your *** off for the last 5 months. I cruised out by myself and enjoyed a beautiful drive. We met at the BK on Sunrise Hwy. near Rt. 110.
SANY0005-vi.jpg

This car was sharp.... 8)
SANY0006-vi.jpg

Pretty little Swinger.
SANY0002-vi.jpg

This was totally off the grid. Tubbed, Big Block, Full Cage, Sheet metal dash.....
SANY0012-vi.jpg

SANY0009-vi.jpg

SANY0010-vi.jpg

Here we meet FABO'er Tim, aka TENSEC340, popping open his Dart. Nice guy with a serious street car.

SANY0018-vi.jpg

SANY0016-vi.jpg

SANY0017-vi.jpg

SANY0015-vi.jpg

Nice car!

SANY0008-vi.jpg

It was good to get out and enjoy the day. As I was cruising down the Southern State Pkwy. I was thinking about all the aggravation this car gave me going together.It was 2 steps forward, 3 steps back..... I spent the past 3 years in restoration Hell. And today I realized it was worth it.

All you guys chewing on long term projects, STAY FOCUSED! I've owned the car 10 years.... the last 3 being restored....and now it's heaven. Hang in there!

Hey john,
Nice to meet you in person !
As for your car, the pics don't do it justice !!!! that is one gorgous car inside and out, the engine compartment I can eat off !!
The paint is really really nice !! And the powder coated engine parts really stood out, I still would do the vavle covers the body color8)
And the six packed small block sounded tough and clean !

As for my car, your pics make it look way better then it is , I'll hire you as my photographer for now on :profilel: !!!

Nice to get out,I like the day cruises so much better.....
sat the 11th is hot rod burger king on Hempstead turnpike 4-9 pm, it's L.I. mopars this time.
see you there !!!!
Tim

John, great photos -- thanks for sharing! Almost feels like being there.

Tim, thank you for the kind words too! I love that Dart. I just had to show you something in light of your comment about the non-body color valve covers. Those Indys you've got could be dressed up too ya know. LOL

View attachment 70395

I loved doing that job -- those things have incredible detail and are fun to work on.

Sorry to semi-hijack the thread John. One of these days I'll figure out how I can add pics to a PM. :-D

Leanna, I'll be sending you my parts as soon as this season is over !
I'll be doing the valve covers and pan under intake body color, and Intake will go a metal/silver or some thing..............

Tim

Hey Craig, I keep my car in n bellmore !!!!!!!!!

saturady night B.K. parking lot L.I. mopar club show on hempstead turn,

Hey John, if you heard a strange noise when I pulled in, It was a broken TD rocker arm !!!

Sounded like one on the phone. Blacken plug, crap runnin. Not the way you do things, even if **** faced and hung over.

LOL your Right Rob !
Okay Headers are in , just need to do some mods to the exhaust now that the collectors are under the car where they belong !

Took the top half off just to check it all out, Glad I did... First the header gasket was 1/8 to small all around, Then The Intake gasket inbetween the two pass side rear ports was missing the gasket !!!!!! MAjor leak there !
Ran great #'s with all that .........
NOW
New bigger headers,without 4 crushed tubes and no more Intake leak this thing should be flying next time out !

Also found out what I have in there, The deal with my engine guy was he gave me a dyno # and if he made it(which he did and then some) Everything inside is shop secrets .... we'll he had Info magic markered on the underside of Intake.... Heads flow 493 I, 460 E !!! Also, PORTS are HUGE !!!!

If your in the Oceanside area tomorrow I'll be at Impressive Auto Body on Lawson blvd finishing the car up, come by !! I should be there till 1130 if all goes well !!!

-
Back