4" b.p. Wheel Vintiques rims, Any input on quality

-

djsling

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a pair of 15x7's for the rear of my Dart, seem like a deal at $103 ea. Has anyone tried these yet?

I bought 4 for my Swinger. I got them from Summit Racing. I did have some finish issues with a couple of them but Summit took care of them and sent out some new ones. The defects were in the rim and painted over.

021 (2).jpg

I will say that the center hub hole is larger on the rims than the drum brake hubs and rear end axle flange. The taperd seats of the lug nuts center and hold the wheel.

The rear wheels on my Duster are 15x7s with the 4" bolt pattern. Great quality and changed the look of the car.

IMG_8695.JPG

No problem with lug nuts or leverage caused by 15" wheels an the small bolt pattern? Wanting to put 15" cop wheels on my 67 barracuda. Never mind. Just found out they don't have em.

They balanced up nicely and are smooth running down the highway.

They balanced up nicely and are smooth running down the highway.
My Wheel Vintiques have been on my '72 Swinger for 15 years now. Never an issue with them. All are 5 on 4 bp, 15x8 on the rear, 14x6 on the front. With the 4 5/8" backspace on the 15x8s 245-60s with about 40 lbs of air in the air shocks. It's 40 years old, the springs are/were sacked, what can I say? It was my daughter's high school hot rod. Ya know, with headers and turbo mufflers and that little bitty 2 barrel on the 318, sure made that cam sound lumpy. New plans for the Dart now. This forum has answered many questions already. Thanks to all who contribute.

Last edited:
No problems on mine. 15x6 on front, 15x7 sbp on rear. No balancing issues, cruise at 70 on highway and no vibration issues. Grooves for hubs did need to be sanded a little deeper to hold hub cap on.

Thanks guys, think I will pull the trigger. 15x7 4.25 b.s. is what I believe will work best.
Not sure what year year your Dart is, but on my 69, I kept the sbp. Went 15x6 on the front, 15x7rear with a 4.25 BS. Work great. No issues. The 15x7 with that BS had to be special ordered.took about 8 weeks.

Mine is a 68 Convertible. Know the tubs are different but believe that is really only on the top.

PERFECT, go to purchase and now the black 63 series doesn't come in 4.25" b.s. anymore!? I just looked them up less than two weeks ago at their site and Jegs now no listings, Rallye wheel still shows 4.25 though.

PERFECT, go to purchase and now the black 63 series doesn't come in 4.25" b.s. anymore!? I just looked them up less than two weeks ago at their site and Jegs now no listings, Rallye wheel still shows 4.25 though.

They'll do a custom backspace for cheap for you.

My Wheel Vintiques have been on my '72 Swinger for 15 years now. Never an issue with them. All are 5 on 4 bp, 15x8 on the rear, 14x6 on the front. With the 4 5/8" backspace on the 15x8s 245-60s with about 40 lbs of air in the air shocks. It's 40 years old, the springs are/were sacked, what can I say? It was my daughter's high school hot rod. Ya know, with headers and turbo mufflers and that little bitty 2 barrel on the 318, sure made that cam sound lumpy. New plans for the Dart now. This forum has answered many questions already. Thanks to all who contribute.
What do you use guys use as a spare with 14's on front and 15's on the rear? I've never mixed sizes just widths.

So a 14" with say a 205 would work as a spare on front or rear even if it's a 15" rear?

-
Back