[WANTED] 4-bbl kick-down rod

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Belmateo,
After much thought, reading many threads and searching the internet, I have decided to go the simplest route for me and buy a Bouchillon kick down cable for my conversion to a 4 -bbl. I think this is something I can handle, and everything I've read says it's pretty much full proof. I known your kick down lever would work, so maybe if I ever want that "stock" look I'll hit you up again. Thanks again for helping a rookie figure this stuff out.

Woody
Belmateo,
I'm re-thinking my build. I hate to be a pain in the ***, but do you still have that 4-bbl kick down rod in the pic you sent available? If you do, how much $ do you want for it?
Thanks,

Woody

So much misinformation on this thread. 1 member nailed it. The non-adjustable 4bbl rod will work,as long as the rod along the firewall has an adjuster.I get the 4bbl rods at swap meets for around $10. The 2bbl rod can be Jimmy rigged, hacked and welded to work. If that's what you are into have at it. Not how I would roll.
Hope this clears some things up.

IMG_20170116_134552428.jpg

So much misinformation on this thread. 1 member nailed it. The non-adjustable 4bbl rod will work, as long as the rod along the firewall has an adjuster. I get the 4bbl rods at swap meets for around $10. The 2bbl rod can be Jimmy rigged, hacked and welded to work. If that's what you are into have at it. Not how I would roll.
Hope this clears some things up.

View attachment 1715051661
Johnny Dart, it does clear some things up, except my rod that runs down along the firewall doesn't have an adjuster. I believe my adjustment is on the bottom rod. That's why I was looking for a (top)4-bbl one with an adjustment. It will be awhile before this car is road worthy and licensed, so I'll get it running with the conversion to a 4-bbl and then I'll work on the kick down, when that time comes. If you have any (small block) firewall rods with adjustments and you'd sell me, let me know. Here is the 2-bbl linkage I have on the car.
Thanks,
Woody

Kick down linkage.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back