Not open for further replies.

DionR

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Contact seller
For Sale: 4 BBL Throttle bracket, kickdown rod and return spring bracket
Shipping from: Spokane, Washington, zip 99001
Price: $50 OBO plus shipping and PayPal fees (if applicable)
Payment Methods Accepted: Paypal or Money Order

Brackets for the throttle cable with the 4bbl specific kickdown rod, and the throttle return spring.

P1010072.jpg

Bump.

If I'm asking too much, shoot me an offer. I promise I wont get mad.

Just realized that I never pointed out that the kickdown rod spring is not the correct one. It's functional and would work fine, but it's not "restoration" correct.

Meant to mention that earlier and spaced it. Sorry.

For Sale: 4 BBL Throttle bracket, kickdown rod and return spring bracket
Shipping from: Spokane, Washington, zip 99001
Price: $50 OBO plus shipping and PayPal fees (if applicable)
Payment Methods Accepted: Paypal or Money Order

Brackets for the throttle cable with the 4bbl specific kickdown rod, and the throttle return spring.

P1010072.jpg
Hi,
I am going to put this on a 360, will this work? Is it made for a small block? Is it different from a big block linkage? It also is a 5.9L from a Durango and converted to a carb. It has a Edelbrock 600cfm on it. Sorry, I am a newbie, just started learning the ropes.

Hi,
I am going to put this on a 360, will this work? Is it made for a small block? Is it different from a big block linkage? It also is a 5.9L from a Durango and converted to a carb. It has a Edelbrock 600cfm on it. Sorry, I am a newbie, just started learning the ropes.

These will work on any LA motor, with pre-magnum heads. Unless you swapped the heads on your motor, you will need a vertical bolt arrangement. You can buy a pre-made setup from Mopar, or you could buy these and bend the feet, or you could even bend and cut up a 2bbl setup, too. That's pretty much what I did when I put magnum heads on my 360, but I used a 4bbl throttle spring bracket and bent and cut the 2bbl throttle cable bracket. Can't really see in this picture, but it's all I've got.

DusterMotor022.jpg

Only really issue you will have with that is you will still need a kickdown rod from the carb to the linkage.

Hope that helps.

Hey DionR, beautiful motor!! Curious, when the motor heats up and those water pump hoses expand, won't the paint crack and flake off? Ps, is this a factory a-body kickdown linkage?

Paint wont flake any worse than the factory one did. I cleaned it first, and it has been fine. I don't think there is really any expansion on the hose anyway. I've always painted mine, and the only issues I've had is when there was something on the hose that inhibited adheasion, which is a problem on any thing you paint.

Yes, the linkage is all factory stuff. The spring and throttle bracket is right for about a '74 vintage smallblock. The kickdown rod is an unknown for me, I know there were some that were threaded on the rod, some had a threaded rod from the bracket to the transmission bellcrank, and some had a spring adjustment on the rod to the transmission lever. I don't know for certain where it all changes, year wise, but I'm certain it is a later setup. Just don't know if it is right for a '74 vintage smallblock.

I do know this, if you have an non-magnum headed smallblock, this will work with a 4bbl.

These will work on any LA motor, with pre-magnum heads. Unless you swapped the heads on your motor, you will need a vertical bolt arrangement. You can buy a pre-made setup from Mopar, or you could buy these and bend the feet, or you could even bend and cut up a 2bbl setup, too. That's pretty much what I did when I put magnum heads on my 360, but I used a 4bbl throttle spring bracket and bent and cut the 2bbl throttle cable bracket. Can't really see in this picture, but it's all I've got.

DusterMotor022.jpg

Only really issue you will have with that is you will still need a kickdown rod from the carb to the linkage.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info. I will check it out, and let you know

Dion - i really only need the rod nothing else but if you are not willing to part ill offer you 40 shipped for everything. shipping to New York 10552
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back