4 bbl manifold shootout?

-

Captainkirk

Old School Mopar Warrior
Reaction score
Has anyone done a manifold "shootout" on single 4 bbl manifolds for A motors? Maybe somebody could post a link to a thread or site for me. I'm investigating all the options at this point for the best numbers for a 4 speed car between 1500 and 6500 RPM; street/strip motor, that will spend most of it's time on the street. It will be replacing an Eddy Torker 340 single plane.

I have seen a couple and the Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap always comes out on top. It seems to do as well or better than other dual planes in the low rpm range and does as well or better than single planes up to the 6500 rpm range. It's only above this range that the single planes start to have an advantage.

I have seen a couple and the Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap always comes out on top. It seems to do as well or better than other dual planes in the low rpm range and does as well or better than single planes up to the 6500 rpm range. It's only above this range that the single planes start to have an advantage

Ditto.

Search Mopar Muscle for there shoot out.

Every test I ever read had the Eddy RPM as the top manifold, in carb applications, FI is a whole different science. As a matter of fact I just picked up a used RPM for my 383 for $135 off ebay a few days ago! :toothy5:

-
Back