4 door mopar cars

-
My old Silver Bullet. 383 and 833, 8.8 Rear... was a blast!

IMG_8229.JPG

I did see a rather nice 1971 Chrysler 300 4 door in a car show a little while back.
I told myself "Not too shabby, but man she's huge!"
This is not the one I saw but some picture I found on internet.
1971 Chrysler 300 4D.jpg

My first more door Mopar in 40 odd years. I got it in a trade with a $500 Volare wagon. It came with a new AMD full floor pan, a running poly 318, and basically NO other rust. I could not make myself part it out, so I painted it, bought new AMD front and rear glass as that got broke bringing it home down the bumpy I10. New ACC carpet, windlace, brakes, new A100 seats. good title. I added it up and at least $3500 in parts. I can not get a looker at $4000! But this is Tx, the GM and pickup capital of the world!!!!
The good at is I do like it. I just don't need 5 old Mopars!!!! Well one is an AMC.:poke:

I agree. Again, no offence to anyone, but when I heard Ma Mopar was coming back out with the Charger, I was excited. When I learned they were going to be 4 doors, I lost all interest.

I found it much easier to reach my 10" slicks from the back seat in the '65 four-door Valiant (and not much difference in styling between '65 Valiant two-door models and four-door models anyway, especially after I flared out the rear wheel wells).

I could see how a four-door Charger might be one option for a family to keep a "muscle" car as a daily driver rather than having to sell off a two-door sporty model when the kids start multiplying the family dynamics.

My 64 more door 64 Belvedere??? Add a pair of doors off a 2 door and B pillow, a little welding and there ya go...same as a Savoy!!

4 doors because they have better ingress for the fairer sex.

(I would like to get a partial credit because "ingress" almost sort of rhymes with "fairer sex").

more doors.jpg

2 months ago, I looked at this 69 because it was 1 owner
273 is locked up / pan and oil pump are off.
has P/S and A/C. Vinyl floor mats and perfect dash pad. need to find a steering wheel
prepping a 340, a-999 trans and a 3.55 8.75 sure-grip

20220625_134011.jpg

20220617_085809.jpg

288244791_5370525359706547_4812540837967853996_n.jpg

288480178_5370525496373200_5109268757594474800_n.jpg

288603206_5370525549706528_4518217094714555277_n.jpg

My 64 more door 64 Belvedere??? Add a pair of doors off a 2 door and B pillow, a little welding and there ya go...same as a Savoy!!
I have always wanted to do that. I am pretty good with welding and major body work. I just never took the plunge. I have, however, spent a lot of time thinking about buying a modern 4 door Charger and turning it into a 2 door (LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN). It would be a little more difficult because you would have to fab each door out of two doors, Cutting up two doors and making one bigger door would be a challenge, but I think I could do it.

I have always wanted to do that. I am pretty good with welding and major body work. I just never took the plunge. I have, however, spent a lot of time thinking about buying a modern 4 door Charger and turning it into a 2 door (LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN). It would be a little more difficult because you would have to fab each door out of two doors, Cutting up two doors and making one bigger door would be a challenge, but I think I could do it.
I want to make a 2 door Chevy II wagon. And a short box elcamino

Crew cabs are the only way to go - more practical, less visible to the police, and since so many people butchered them to fix their few door models they're becoming relatively rare. They also bring out the nostalgia in people of a certain age who remember fighting with their siblings in the back seat.

IMG20220723143129 (1).jpg

Crew cabs are the only way to go - more practical, less visible to the police, and since so many people butchered them to fix their few door models they're becoming relatively rare. They also bring out the nostalgia in people of a certain age who remember fighting with their siblings in the back seat.

View attachment 1715985754
I still had to ride in the package tray. Lol

I like four door cars just fine. Sorta lookin for a 4 door Valiant or Valiant wagon.

You're lucky. I am from the "facing backwards in your friend's mom's Volvo station wagon that always smelled vaguely like canned soup" generation.
Funny, I do remember sitting in a rear facing station wagon seat in the early 80's in Idaho. It was after a church function right outside of Mountain Home AFB Idaho, and the car was filled to the brim with kids like myself ages 6-9 all going to Dairy Queen. Talk about chaos!
I lucked out because come to find out the station wagon was actually an early 70's Fury Wagon (Suburban?) according to my father.
He said, "That thing was about as long if not longer than my 78' Chevy G20 sport van, with a much bigger motor." He believes it had a 440.

I want to make a 2 door Chevy II wagon. And a short box elcamino
You are probably watching, DDSpeedShop is building a 2 door biscayne,big block. If you arent, may want to go look.
He has done a pile of tri-5 chevys. He starts by comparing roof lines between 2 and 4 doors. Somewhat of a hack but gets the job done.

You are probably watching, DDSpeedShop is building a 2 door biscayne,big block. If you arent, may want to go look.
He has done a pile of tri-5 chevys. He starts by comparing roof lines between 2 and 4 doors. Somewhat of a hack but gets the job done.
Always wanted to have a 427 Biscayne. One like this would be just fine.
BISCAYNE.jpg

I have never heard of DDSpeedShop. They idea came to me about 40 years ago.

No sir, sometimes we double them with a tire and tube inside of the tire, but they get to heavy and it's hard on axles and front suspension. These are just regular 25x8.50-14 skidsteer tires with tube inside and grease on sidewall to help prevent sidewall punctures.

-
Back