4 dr anyone?

-
one of my most favorite cars i have ever owned was my 4-door '71 Dart. i wish it had a V-8, i probably would have kept it. at the time i was already building a 383 Dart 2-door. i should have put the 383 in the 4-door. it was a nice army green color with whitewalls and hubcaps. i turned the whitewalls in and swapped the hubcaps for some dog dishes and it looked like an unmarked police car! i had alot of fun in that car, even with the six!

I have a 68 dart 270 4 dr with a 360. it was an original v8 car with a 273

I am toying with the idea of dropping a 383 between the fenders.

Never let anyones naysaying get to you, keep in your minds eye the vision you have for your car and let everyone else eat their words when you blow em away.

70Valiant said:
I have a fun 4-door. 225 /6, 30 over, 9.8:1, clifford 4bbl intake and headers, 465cfm holley, 8 3/4 w/ 3.23SG(I put 3.91's for racing), Van 999 w/ shift improver and low gearset. Do what you want with your ride. my brother in law wanted me to put a V8 in it, he is amazed with how this little slant runs. It is quicker then the 302 maveric he had in highschool
MVC-005F.JPG
Now there is a nice 4 door. Have them look at this car and you can see what you can do with a 4 door :thumbup:

'57 210 4 door sedan, '55 BelAir sedan. Both were a gas to drive. Wish I'd held onto the '55.

I have my second valiant 4dr with a 318. Whether slant 6 or V8, it doesn't matter as long as you are driving your car and loving it! I'm living the good times instead of garaging them with my 4dr. It really fits more people budgets to find a car to drive and enjoy as many of them are elderly owned and taken care of. I read a little clip in Mopar Muscle mag about racing a 4dr '67 Dart slant six car into the 13 second range (quarter mi). It had a little picture of it and said that it weighed less than a '67 2dr Dart. I don't know if anyone else saw that recently or not but the point is to have a blast!

i think everyones owned a 4dr just like most people in there life will own a ford.. just because they are cheap and disposable.. haha

no but honestly i had a 4dr.. it was killer i had plans to make it a sleeper 360
904 single quiet exhaust.. and i was gunna run all over town and enjoy MY car.. its like this.. people will always complain no matter what.. dont ask me why, just know that we all feel your pain..

You should show us your dart either way.. lets hear what you wanna do..
Theres nothing wrong with a 4dr, just most people consider a 2dr a more valuable investment because some concider then worth more.

Sexysatinblackvaliant2.jpg

Sexysatinblackvaliant.jpg

hello everybody, I'am new here and I also have sleeper 4 door 75 valiant. I think there cool we've raced a couple cars and everybody gives us the thumbs when we floor it and take off. It is a 360 with 9.7.1 cr. comp xe274 and ported and polished iron heads with 2.02 valves. 750 holley double pumper and a 100shot of nitrous. Here a picture of the car when it still had the slant six. Then the second pic is when we first go the swap done and a a 600cfm edelbrock off of another car and we did no have the nitrous installed yet. we wanted it to look mostly stock under the hood for the sleeper look

2354110_2_full.jpg

2354110_5_full.jpg

2354110_4_full.jpg

:tongue9:

blind, VERY interested in that satin Valiant... :headbang:

P.S. where would one find those rear wheel covers??? fabricate?? or?

the 4-door unibody has the advantage of better structural rigidity. You could get away with more power before needing subframe connectors.

Here's my pile. Originaly a 318, now it has a 360 4bbl, 727 auto. Big bolt pattern on both ends. Manual disks in front, 1.04 torsion bars. Subframe connectors, adjustable shocks, swaybars and a stage 2 firm feel box are planned next. The fake Minilites are going away, replaced by Cop wheels and redline button caps.

And a real quiet exhaust system...<evil grin>

http://home.mchsi.com/~69barracuda/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-2177872.html

Well I finally got her done. 1968 Dart 4-door, I had it painted 2003 PT Cruiser intese blue pearl. The motor is a 68 383 magnum, with a rebuilt 4-speed, 8 3/4 rear with 4.10 ratio. I installed the kelsey Hays front disc brakes in order to retain small bolt pattern. HD rear springs and all new suspension pieces. It is a blast to drive, and looks so innocent!! That is the part I love, although the tires go up in a blaze of smoke way to easy, but this is what I wanted......sleeper, heck something my Grandma would be proud to drive!!

:toothy10:

0214.JPG

0213.JPG

0216.JPG

People overlooked wagons for a long time too.I've seen some wicked lookin' wagons over the last few years.Don't give up on your 4dr!

Exactly why I love my 65 A Body wagon!

Persistence beats resistance! A first class build that you should be proud of!

I have a '67 4-door dart that gets as many thumbs up as my 09 Challenger...And it cost about 1/10th the price!

My '56 is a four door. I'm going to put a big block ( 500" ) with a stick in it, then keep the rest looking stock. If anyone has a problem with it they can kiss my snow white Polish A$$. lol It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks I think it's cool.

Four doors Kan Be kewl!!!Cerwin sweet lil' car you have there!!!heres my four door,it's just a project for now,and my other "waggin" lost a few doors in a surgical accident.jsut do the car how you like it,gather the pieces and they'll probably jump in and start helping,good luck on your project.

wheelie bars.JPG

sleeper.JPG

Here is a '72 4 dr. Dart that I used to own. I rebuilt the 318 and added some go fast goodies. It would sure suprise a lot of mustangs.

100_1343.jpg

42.jpg

-
Back