4 pin relays for headlights

-
Meh. overkill. You don't have two headlight switches, two dimmer switches, etc. Just use two relays. You can get small mountable sockets for the bosh relays like the ones Crackedback sells on here

If "one beam" dies you still likely have the opposite to get stopped or slow down, etc

Yea, after your lights both go off and you find your dimmer to switch it.
No thanks.:D

What do you recommend for a relay amperage wise. I am looking at mini 280 omron brand 20A/35A relays, and this relay box minus the 4 pin relays. I think i finally found the box i want to use. Everything else seemed like a compromise so i never modded it yet. This box will take up to 10-12 gage wiring. Uses GM metri pack sealed connectors w silicone boots. Pretty compact to hide, sealed enough for under a battery tray. Dandy metal mounting bracket. I plan on running GE N6024NH halogens.

Screenshot_2017-07-10-14-20-24.png

Screenshot_2017-07-10-14-20-19.png

Screenshot_2017-07-10-14-20-41.png

Screenshot_2017-07-10-08-37-38.png

Any of you have any experience with these relays. With the GE halogen headlights i am using i am thinking the omron 20A/35A five pin micro relays, and 30A fuses. What amp draw relays do you use?

Mocking up box w some masking tape. The angled bracket against the angled inner fender makes the box stand straight up. Its not hidden under battery box where i originally envisioned for it, but i think where its at strikes a good compromise. Easy to get to, and doesnt really look like an afterthought IMHO

20170715_194955.jpg

20170715_194935.jpg

20170715_194931.jpg

A's have a lot of space w/ the flat-top inner fenders. I mounted a fuse/relay box from a Jeep (7 relays) in my 64 and 65 A's. I plan similar in my 65 Newport, but it has round inner fenders so hard to find a nice spot, even though a much larger vehicle. I replaced the factory relays for starter and horn, so my firewall has less clutter. Other relays are for electric fuel pump, IGN power, low & high beams, and AC clutch. An electric radiator fan needs a larger dedicated relay, usually solid-state in mid-90's Mopars and up.

engine.JPG

-
Back