4 SPD Console Repop?

-

383SE

Reaction score
Well of course the B&E body guys can get new console bases,but does anybody have any news or rumours if they are going to reproduce A Body consoles,especially the 4 speed version? Since you can buy top plates for our consoles,wouldn't it be nice if you get the rest of it?

Damn, they should......look how many years/models used that console. Think how many people would convert if they could buy a brand new, mint one!

Where have you guys been? ;) Brand new ones have been on the market for over a year. Auto and 4spd. Console lid and ash tray door too.

They are at www.beaparts.com

Well I know BEA makes lids and console doors but they don't make the plastic base,unless I've gone blind!

Well I know BEA makes lids and console doors but they don't make the plastic base,unless I've gone blind!

My bad. Sorry. I thought you were talking about the tops.

Are the bases that hard and expensive to buy used? The are build like a brick sh%thouse. I know the 4spd ones are expensive and tough. But you can make an auto into a 4spd. If someone had good templates it would really help. The side dome that screws/attachs to the base isn't made. That would be nice to repro.

Where have you guys been? ;) Brand new ones have been on the market for over a year. Auto and 4spd. Console lid and ash tray door too.

They are at www.beaparts.com

Yeah, I didn't see the main console part either, but man!.......where HAVE I been? I never went to their website before!!......talk about a kid in a candy store!!!

The first thing I said was "OMG, I need overtime"!!!!

Thanks for the replies,I think like autoxcuda says I'll just carve the side out of my auto console and rig up a cover.I thought a while back a guy was selling fibreglass side covers for the 4 speed consoles?There is a 4 speed console on ebay now and its already over $250,too much for my blood,especially if the top plates are all pitted.I am slowly starting to gather parts for a 4 speed conversion for my Dart so there is no better site than this one.

i emailed bea and told them to make the bases lol. maby i will hear back soon and get them to start making them. i want to get a auto base with the 4 speed top when i do my top loader 5 speed swap. then it will look original but perform like a 5 speed:)

Thanks for the replies,I think like autoxcuda says I'll just carve the side out of my auto console and rig up a cover.I thought a while back a guy was selling fibreglass side covers for the 4 speed consoles?There is a 4 speed console on ebay now and its already over $250,too much for my blood,especially if the top plates are all pitted.I am slowly starting to gather parts for a 4 speed conversion for my Dart so there is no better site than this one.

If they repro'd those A-body bases in the correct dense heavy fiberglass, they would be at least $400. Like what the B-body bases are going for now.

If you had a good templete it would not be that hard to make one from a auto base. Do you guys have some good reference pictures. I posted a bunch in a thread a year or so ago.

-
Back