Status
Not open for further replies.

V-100

Valiant lover(?)
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
A buddy of mine wants to convert his very clean '66 V-100 2-dr into a nice daily driver/classic cruiser. It has a 3 'on-the-tree' trans, but I just gave him the steering column he needs and he found a short-shaft 4-speed OD trans from behind a small block. Problem is, the trans has none of the tabs/arms (for the shifter rods) nor the rods, so he is looking for them and the floor hump for the '63-'66 A-body.

I believe the F,M,J body OD 833s' are the same.
May need a bellhousing as well- neither of us know if the 3-speed one is different or not from the 4-speed (can't imagine why it would be, but...)

The problem you're going to face is getting a 4 speed bell housing that will fit the O.D. trans, flywheel, and '63-6 body style. If you get that sorted out, I have a 4 speed floor cut for a '66 A-body.
Thanks, Mark

I have an OEM Hurst 4spd with OEM Hurst handle, minus knob and Abody linkage for sale. The handle has chips in it and some dents but a good polish should make it look good, $75. The shifter is early Abody Hurst and it works but should be gone thru, $75. The linkage is OEM reverse rod and two straight rods, $75 for the set! If I could figure out how to send pics when responding here I would. pauls340@comcast dot net

Thanks guys- I'll send the contact info to Jason and I'm sure you'll hear from one of us over the weekend.

The rods I saw on here forsale are not OEM. Even if they were they will not work on a over drive trans. Tommorow I will post pics of both OEM 4 spd and OEM OD., what you need and explain why. You will also need a bell for the OD trans it has a larger opening for the bearing cover . Also your Z bar will have to be modified. Shortened. Steve

i have od tranny ready to put in jt been rebuilt. i have the hump,shifter,pedels, wat else u need. for as a bellhouseing u might have to gt a quick time scatter shield $500 :-( it come withe rings to swap out all 3 trannys. but i will look for u 1 around here. 803-210-8156
catfish

I will forward your contact info to my buddy Jason- thanks Catfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back