4 Speed Conversion

-

70sublime340

Reaction score
Going to be swapping my auto to a 4 speed here pretty soon, only two things that won't be plug and play will be the frame bracket and floor humo. Can anyone who has actually done this enlighten me on placement of the frame bracket? Is there dimples in the frame already to help with placement? I haven't got under the car to look, and what the best way to go about the hump? I have a factory hump that was cut out oversize. I'm planning on splitting it at the seam and going from there. Also the hump has the brace underneath it still, how should I go about tying that in to the existing floor brace? Any input is appreciated

The frame down below on drivers side will have a rubber plug you remove. The bracket goes there. Before welding it in just bolt it all together and try to get the optimum alignment of the z-bar. Then weld it.

The floor tunnel kind of just lays there trace it out leave an inch overlap.

Not sure what you mean. Using all Stock factory refurbished components, so it should be just as if it was a factory manual car.

What AJ means is your flywheel needs to be the correct for your engine in terms of balance. What engine and its year is this for? Is it rebuilt, if so was it internally or externally balanced?

Oh yes absolutely. I'm using a forged crank and a neutrally balanced flywheel. The rotating assembly will all be balanced using the flywheel and clutch also. Even though they're supposed to be neutral

-
Back