-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Road/Rage

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Im looking for a 4 speed with all linkage, shifter and any other parts to make it fit my 65 dart. I have a a904 column shift and it has to go... anyone that can put me on a 4 speed that will fit please let me know!
:confederateflag:

I have some pieces like the pedals, bellhousing, trans and some of the linkage. No shifter, shifter rods, or floor hump. My bellhousing is a late model made for the OD A-833 trans and the trans is an OD type also. Given our distance apart big heavy items will be costly to ship. PM me if you'd like to find out more.

I have the trans, driveshaft, bellhousing, clutch petals, z-bar, but no shifter or hump.
Message me.

here is a tunnel available. you can PM me.

A body tunnel 64 65 (1).jpg

Its all bolt on except the transmission hump.

I've got a complete setup in central Pa. Still in car.
Is it cast or aluminum casing. How much for it all? The transmission hump is what worries me most. I have no clue how to make sure its located in the right spot!

the hump, like mine if you havent noticed, will fit right up to the tunnel contours in the correct position.
If anyone else has one to offer I am sure they would know everything you need to know.

the hump, like mine if you havent noticed, will fit right up to the tunnel contours in the correct position.
If anyone else has one to offer I am sure they would know everything you need to know.
So it just falls in place?

So it just falls in place?
When you find a hump, clean and straighten the edges. You may have to cut off the excess of the original floor pan it was cut off of, if that makes sense? Sellers usually cut outside the edge to prevent damaging the 4 speed hump itself. Then lay it onto your naked floor pan, and it should fit the contours like a jigsaw puzzle piece. Then trace around the outside edge with a Sharpie. Pick it back up off the floor pan and step inside the line you drew around it 1 inch, and draw another line with the Sharpie all the way around the inside of the first line you traced, That inside line is where you now cut the hole. Be careful not to damage the torsion bar cross member when cutting. After you get the transmission in and lined up with the shifter in place, put the 4 speed hump over it and make sure the shifter clears everywhere inside the hole it pokes thru. When you're satisfied it fits, run a few self tapping screws thru it and the floor pan to hold it in place while you weld it. It may sound complicated, but it really isn't when you get it all layed out and look at it. Hope this helps.

When you find a hump, clean and straighten the edges. You may have to cut off the excess of the original floor pan it was cut off of, if that makes sense? Sellers usually cut outside the edge to prevent damaging the 4 speed hump itself. Then lay it onto your naked floor pan, and it should fit the contours like a jigsaw puzzle piece. Then trace around the outside edge with a Sharpie. Pick it back up off the floor pan and step inside the line you drew around it 1 inch, and draw another line with the Sharpie all the way around the inside of the first line you traced, That inside line is where you now cut the hole. Be careful not to damage the torsion bar cross member when cutting. After you get the transmission in and lined up with the shifter in place, put the 4 speed hump over it and make sure the shifter clears everywhere inside the hole it pokes thru. When you're satisfied it fits, run a few self tapping screws thru it and the floor pan to hold it in place while you weld it. It may sound complicated, but it really isn't when you get it all layed out and look at it. Hope this helps.
It does thank you!

Is it cast or aluminum casing. How much for it all? The transmission hump is what worries me most. I have no clue how to make sure its located in the right spot!
I would guess it's a cast tranny since it's original to a 64..whole setup, bell, flywheel, you can have clutch and p plate also, pedals, clutch linkage, trans, Hurst Shifter, floor hump, drive shaft $1800.00
1400.00 if you pull it!

I would guess it's a cast tranny since it's original to a 64..whole setup, bell, flywheel, you can have clutch and p plate also, pedals, clutch linkage, trans, Hurst Shifter, floor hump, drive shaft $1800.00
1400.00 if you pull it!
Ok price sounds ok. Ill contact you when Im ready to come after it! That will give you all the time time you need to pull it all. Please dont pull anyhting until I check with a trnsmission guy here. Ive read there is alot of tail shaft and floor mods to do this. I dont want to gut my car its 95% complete. Let me do some mroe research and question this guy!

Last edited:
1400.00 if you pull it!
I forgot to ask what vehicle is it coming out of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back