4 speed hump/ auto floor shift?

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Hello all. I hope this is the right spot to post this. I have a 67 Dart that had a 4 speed. Im going automatic. My question is, Can you use the hole in the hump for a auto floor shift? Do you need to alter it ? Thanks in advance.

I have a 65 Barracuda and there is no hole in my floor I still have a cable shift though.

I have the hole and hump. Im woundering if the hole is to far away from the tranny ? I dont want to cut off the hump and patch. Its a complete floor with hump that was put in when i got the Dart. Not sure what way to go. Maybe cover the hole and just go with colum shift?

.............someone put a B or E body slapstick into a demon b4 i bought it......looked great.....u would of never known it was a 4 gear car........kim.......

if you have the 4 speed hump you dont need to do anything the 4 speed shifter will fit just fine
ever wonder why no one sells an auto floor hump? only a 4 speed floor hump? and why 4 speed floor humps cost so much money?
its because no one in there right mind would replace a 4 speed with an auto
why? because 4 speeds are cool! 4 speeds rule! auto's are for old ladies thats why they SUCK

While I do agree with caferacer to some extent, my donar body was from a manual tranny /6. The drivetrain I have to put in it is a 904 sb combo. I am using an aftermarket Hurst cable shifter. I pop riveted a piece of sheet metal over the exsisting hole and will be mounting the shfiter to it

Stock or aftermarket shifter?

The latter you can mount anywhere as they use a cable, no linkage. If so, just leave the hump in place and cover the hole.

The stock mope auto shifter will not mount on the 4 speed hump unless you rig up the linkage somehow for it to work.

Well.......Money is money. Im tapped out and want to progress along with my Dart. I sold my 4 speed to buy a 67 Dart parts car.I now have pretty much all i need to finish the body and interior. So as mentioned i guess im a GIRL. I do what i can to try and not spend cash i dont have. I thought if i could use the 4speed hump and hole without destroying it..someday maybe i can put one back in. Thanks for the replies.........ALL of them

sometime you gotta do what you gotta do
and 4 speed parts ARE expensive
(thats why my car is still an auto)

at least you have the hard parts, as your car was originally a 4 speed, so it wont be hard to convert it back someday
my problem is no floor hump (going to try and make my own I think)
and I dont know if my crank is finished for a pilot bushing (my car is a 66 but the engine is a 73, 318)

-
Back