4 speed OD with 3.91 gears

-

berry-cuda

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a 74 dart I'm thinking about converting to a a833 OD and I'm wanting to run 3.91s in it but looking up the ratios in the trans first gears going to be pretty low. Has anyone ran this combo and have had good or bad feedback on it? Thanks

It will leave like it has 4.56 gears but cruise like it has 3.08 gears. I have a 2.93 gear behind my O/D A833 and it pulls hard it first but a big jump to second. I will be going with 3.55 when I swap in my 8 3/4 rear.

Yeah I'm a little worried about the first to second rpm drop, not looking for mileage more of a light to light car that will still be able to run on the highway for short distances

I ran this in my dart with 410 gears for several years. worked great except for performnce I couldnt hammer it and shift hard going from third to fouth or it would break.I broke mine once and learned to go easy on it. From stoplight to stoplight its good. I drove mine from ark to ohio to the nats and got around 17 mpg. I would say go for it.

Thanks for the info, does anyone know if pedals for an aspen will fit in a 74 dart? I'm also needing the linkage rods and not sure what ones I need do I get the ones from an F body or ones for and A body thanks

Thanks for the info, does anyone know if pedals for an aspen will fit in a 74 dart? I'm also needing the linkage rods and not sure what ones I need do I get the ones from an F body or ones for and A body thanks

Good luck finding F body pedals been looking for an affordable set for a friend for a year now.

72 440 Duster with around 525HP at the crank, 391 in it know but am changing to 410 this winter, I only use fourth on the main HWY, over 70 MPH, 2400RPM at 70. It lunches hard at the track but I only use 1,2,3. as 3rd is suppose to be the fourth in a Regular 833, love mine as it gets way more street that drag. I still only get 10 MPG on the HWY.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Attachments

• DSCN0158.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 415
-
Back