4 Speed Pedals 67-76

-

GMachineDartGT

Reaction score
Are there 2 slightly different versions of 67-76 A body pedals? I've seen one version that has a little twist near the brake pedal pad and a slightly thicker arm. Also, it seems the spacing between the 2 types I've seen can be slightly different too. School me...

I believe the ones with the twist are the 67-76 pedals and the ones pictured are the earlier 63-66 , someone told me that they interchange ,but are styled different

Attachments

• d dart4.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 589
my 68 pedals look the same as a set from a 72 duster... just different rubber pads

There is also a regular over spring set up and a HD over spring set up. The HD over spring is attached with a pin, the regular style with a hook.

Well now that I know there is a difference, will the pedals I have from a 70 duster work in my 75 dart sport?....Dean

All the 67-76 seem interchangeable. I have both sets side by side, and the later twist style seems better for big feet (me) because the brake and clutch are slightly further apart. The brake pedal is much beefier, not sure why....

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone CONFIRMED whether the early (63-66) pedals will exchange with the later. All we've confirmed here is that they are different styles. Has anyone actually done it?

I will take my 66 and earlier pedals and compare them to a set of 1970 pedals, although I am 98% sure they are different

Thanks. I figured the pedals were different, but was hopin the pedal frame would interchange. I have some early pedals and wanted to put them in my 73 Scamp. Maybe I can find a set if they don't fit. Thanks. Let me know what you find.

not yet, sorry, I have the early pedals here for my car, just haven't had a chance to get down to compare them to the set in mischiefdart's 70

Thanks. I figured the pedals were different, but was hopin the pedal frame would interchange. I have some early pedals and wanted to put them in my 73 Scamp. Maybe I can find a set if they don't fit. Thanks. Let me know what you find.

For a '73 you will need pedals from a 67-76. The early ones will only fit 63-66.

Well I guess I need to find somebody willin to trade some late pedals for some early ones. I gotta nice set of early ones cause I thought I was gonna get an early car but I'm not.

When I tried to put the newer pedals in my '66 the brake pedal rubbed on my steering column. the old style pedals straddle the steering column while the newer come down on the one side of the column. The bracket is the same though. I ended up taking apart both pedal assemblies and cutting my auto brake pedal down to the size of the newer brake pad and reassembling it. now it straddles the column. I have since bought the correct year pedals but haven't installed them yet.

Just my luck the 73 to 74 picture is not showing up. But, I think you guys confirmed it for me. I bought pedals out of a 68 Barracuda and will be using them in my 73 Dart. Looks like they are a perfect match. Thanks.

Just finished my auto to 4 speed conversion on a 72 Swinger ,Bought a set of pedals off Ebay i belive them to be early A body 66? because the pads are not rectangle they taper inwards like the older style, They fit and function perfectly but i had to adjust the clutch rod nut pretty tight to get solid clutch engagment now i am a bit concerned that i may get premature wear on the throwout bearing and clutch fingers how firm is throwout bearing supposed to press against clutch fingers when depressed?

The later model, like 73 or up, have a switch on the clutch pedal for starter interlock. Just a little to think about. I have a later set of pedals, well, the clutch pedal and brace, etc. the brake pedal is for an automatic and the pedal would have to be cut down.

-
Back