4 speed shift rods needed hurst shifter setup

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
hi Y'all

i have an A body A-833 OD tranny im puttin in the cuda. i am needing the shift linkages and the threaded adjusters that go on the tower end of the rods. i have the shifter tabs still mounted on the tranny, and i have a hurst comp plus tower assembly. i was actually concidering making these myself as the 1/2 3/4 rods can be straight, the only rod that would be a little tricky to make is going to be reverse as i think it goes under the crossmember. but if you got em and want to get rid of em at a reasonable price just shoot me an email along with pics and price you are looking to get 4 em. u can email me at [email protected]

thanks
matt

Passon Performance, Summit Racing.....it's all over Ebay. Consider yourself lucky. You're at least using the Competition Plus shifter, which the linkage is still available for. I am using the Super Shifter 3, which is fabricate city. Course it ain't hard anyway.

yeah i know i can get em new, just didnt want to pay the price for new when used will work just fine for me. like my original post says i am looking for used ones.

thanks for the help anyways
matt

I bent mine using a big bench vise and a long length of pipe. Funny as it sounds, I made the right length and shape "rods" out of coat hanger wire first and simply copied those.....this on a car i had about 25 years ago I did it. The one I have now I "lucked" out and found some. It's not hard to make them at all though.

where did you get those rod ends at?

Summit has rod ends for about 5 bucks a piece. The ones in the picture are 3/8" female with the threaded end drilled and tapped for 7/16", it was easier to drill the rod end for the 7/16" rod than to step the 7/16" rod down to 3/8. I tried to use 3/8" rod but it flexed too much. The rods were bent using a vice and a piece of 1/2" pipe. It gets a little tight on the shifter side where the rod ends attach so you"ll also need some jam nuts or grind half the thickness off of a standard nut.

-
Back