[WANTED] 4 SPEED SHIFTER (Console) and...

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAPS

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Hello
I`m looking for a cpl of things,
4 speed shifter for a console car (1969 a body) Barracuda
Vacuum booster...if I DON`T FIND ONE THATS OK ALSO. (Manual is the way to go )
A CONSOLE ASHTRAY...

Thanks.
MAPS

I have shifter. Restored. And top plate. $2000

IMG_2787.JPG

IMG_2788.JPG

IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_2790.JPG

IMG_2791.JPG

I know that (we) crazy about our cars but I sure as hell am not insane..to pay 2K for Console top (minus console I assume) and a shifter handle (minus the mechanisms)

Yes they may look nice and they may even be NOS but I'm truly happy with console I bought complete for 1/4 of that price.
Thanks...
MAPS

The top plate set cost $$750. The NOS hurst mechanism for a body. Not a overdrive. Will cost over $800. And them the factory Hurst branded handle. (New) if you could fine one would be over $1000.
And I do have the console. $600. If you want to not buy the right parts. You can buy a B- body console handle for a lot less. $500-$700 it will work. Little cutting. Thanks

Moparfest is coming up Zoi. Shipping a console is going to be very pricey.
Lots trinkets at Moparfest.

I have the console, that's not the problem and in fact the ashtray that I did not have, I found that as well, its the shifter I need as I was told that the regular 4 speed (w/o) console shifter does not work when the console is placed in, I'm going to try and see if that's truly the issue. I can see reverse maybe being a problem but I drove a good friends charger last wk (w/console and proper 4 speed shifter) and WOW did it go smooth in reverse. I think even if I don't put the console in the car if I HAD THE CONSOLE SHIFTER I'd PLACE IT IN because it shifts so much "Easier" ..
MAPS

P.S. When is the Moparfest, also you didn't answer back about the fender...read my msg.
We'll talk on the wk-end...

Hi Zoi, an A body console shifter and non console shifter are completely different.
I bought my shifter from a generous member here. It was pricey but worth every penny.
You can convert your auto to plate to fit the shifter if you want.
These are some of the priciest A body parts going lol.
PM coming
I have the console, that's not the problem and in fact the ashtray that I did not have, I found that as well, its the shifter I need as I was told that the regular 4 speed (w/o) console shifter does not work when the console is placed in, I'm going to try and see if that's truly the issue. I can see reverse maybe being a problem but I drove a good friends charger last wk (w/console and proper 4 speed shifter) and WOW did it go smooth in reverse. I think even if I don't put the console in the car if I HAD THE CONSOLE SHIFTER I'd PLACE IT IN because it shifts so much "Easier" ..
MAPS

P.S. When is the Moparfest, also you didn't answer back about the fender...read my msg.
We'll talk on the wk-end...

Hi Zoi, an A body console shifter and non console shifter are completely different.
I bought my shifter from a generous member here. It was pricey but worth every penny.
You can convert your auto to plate to fit the shifter if you want.
These are some of the priciest A body parts going lol.
PM coming

I'm well aware they are completely different, and that's why I thought that maybe the console would not tolerate a straight (handle) shifter but I recently saw an inline shifter in a 4 speed console and it seems to be functioning properly.
Truth is .the 4 speed console shifter makes it much easier to go into reverse thank a straight shifter, but those console shifters she look funny lol
MAPS

BB DAVE,
Seen that but it's way out there in price ...unless you are looking for a NOS piece, this is not what " I " can pay for s shifter.

Ergo Thanks to ToT for the link (Reproduction) shifter, I think that's what I will be doing.

Again, as always...FABO members to the rescue.
No matter what.
(if they don't have the piece for sale)
They will show or have the path to acquiring said part let parts.

This place is a collective bunch of Real mopar experts.

Compared to sites that have "self appointed" experts. That only know how to Copy Cut & Paste. Subsequently ask about the CCP and they'll tell you ,"got this from ABC forum great article, thanking the author" ...but having no idea what they just thanked for....lol
Hats off to All the good folk here !
Maps

First off, if ur shifter/ tranny doesn’t go into reverse easily , u have something not adjusted properly or bent or worn out. May be able to rebuild ur shifter. Possible tranny problem or maybe clutch misadjusted. Kim

First off, if ur shifter/ tranny doesn’t go into reverse easily , u have something not adjusted properly or bent or worn out. May be able to rebuild ur shifter. Possible tranny problem or maybe clutch misadjusted. Kim

You are right his straight shifter should shift like a console shifter as the mechanisms are the same. Only the handle is different. His sounds like it needs rebuilt. Straight shifter will never work with a console. If you want to play with the big boys and have all the up grades you better be prepared to drop some coin. These are hard to find items and elevates the cost. BB Dave will confirm this. There are people out there also that will straight rape you if you let them, you need to be a savvy buyer and you better be on the internet constantly to score one at a fair price.

You are right his straight shifter should shift like a console shifter as the mechanisms are the same. Only the handle is different. His sounds like it needs rebuilt. Straight shifter will never work with a console. If you want to play with the big boys and have all the up grades you better be prepared to drop some coin. These are hard to find items and elevates the cost. BB Dave will confirm this. There are people out there also that will straight rape you if you let them, you need to be a savvy buyer and you better be on the internet constantly to score one at a fair price.

I'm well aware of the "Rapes" but it's the sodomizing that truly scares me...
It's not like I've never dated these type of gals before and my first "love" was a 70 cuda shaker 4 speed 6 bbl type of gal, so I learned real quick how hard it was to maintain that relationship.
Today, I regret it dearly letting her slip away from my hands but after all these yrs, I decided to try a new type of Gal, "A"lpha female. You know what I mean but its the same story with all these "B's.." A, E, etc...not the right time, place or thing. When you do find the right one, it's "this is hurting me more than you" time as they say.
Subsequently, the ends (no pun intended) justify the needs...if its something I want and like, I'll pay the price.
Hell, I brought this A Gal I have now all the way from B.C. (Vancouver) to Montreal (Quebec) (which is equivalent to L.A. to N.Y. trip) WITH JUST A VIDEO OF HER...
All in all, I just would like to get her looking the way she was meant to be (originally she is a slickback gal, moldings are coming...figuratively speaking, console is present)
Suffice to say I'm not going to pay an arm a leg and a kidney for a part I can do without...or until I find it without the loss of an organ. (Mind you I have & throw organs away, daily. Work is such a lonely place. lol)

But I have to admit there have been some real nice people on this site, with parts but mostly with "Help & Ideas" before I go jumping in with both feet.

I can't reverberate enough (and have said so on many occasions) how grateful I am to a host of members here.
Thanks to all of you for all the help.....AND GOD WILLING, IN THE NEAR AND FAR FUTURE.

Sincerely and Still........
MAPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back