4 speed transmission

-

trimmer

Reaction score
I have had this transmission for twenty seven years and figure I am never going to use it. Anybody have any idea as to it's value. I am thinking about parting with it most likely with out the shifter, well maybe with it.

Attachments

• 100_6690-2.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 353
It is of the very early vintage type. It has a 23 spline input shaft the same as the overdrive unit pictured here. I have included a photo of one with this aluminum case to show how the Alabama red dirt (as we call it) is on this thing that makes it appear to be rustier than it actually is. I would never try to sell anything in this condition. I took that wire brush to it for a very short period of time and you can see what it did to that "rust". Imagine what my sand blaster will do to it. If I do decide to part with it I will first rebuild it and paint it. It will cost me about 200 more to achieve this. So let me see, I paid 450 for it with a bell housing on it (still have that) and an additional 200 for small parts kit and gaskets and paint, well that is 650 I'll have invested. So if it is worth only 150- 200 it's most likely going back under the work bench until it becomes more valuable. I am not trying to sell it now I was just trying to find weather it is worth rebuilding or not. I was planing on using it in my '68 Dart GT but I am now considering parting that out as well. I still am working on my Demon so reality is telling me to liquidate some of my inventory. I have discovered on all of my Mopars I own that the under side of these cars have been exposed to the elements for well over 40 + years and not even one of them will be unable to be reused. I most generally do not judge a book by it's cover, but instead by it's content. Thanks...Bill

Attachments

• 100_6753-1.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 302
-
Back