4" to 4.5 disc swap????

-

71Demon

Reaction score
I am currently running the KH disc setup on my 71 Duster. I want to go to the 4.5 setup. What is the best way to do this? What will I need to change out? Least expensive is good too. Thanks

From what I've read, The K-H brakes on mustangs had the 4.5 pattern. Some machining on the mopar spindles is required to install the mustangs hubs and rotors. Some difference in the bearings I guess. Might be the most affordable option.

Now that's an option I never heard before. Didn't know mustangs used the KH. I wonder if there could be a bearing available to replace the mustang bearing to make it fit the spindle. Do you know what Mustang years used KH? Guess the were 10" KH setups too. I'm assuming mid 60's to 70 like the Mopars. That would be awesome if I could just swap a bearing in the mustang hub and make it fit the spindle and align with my existing calipers.

I posted all I know about it. Someone else will surely provide more details in time. I don't believe there is a bastard bearing fit. Machining was required on the mopar spindle, or in theford hub, or both.

Well.. I don't know much about the mustang swap... But I know you can swap in the F/M/J body spindles and everything. All you have to do is change the ball-joint. it changes the suspension geometry just a bit, and weather its good or bad is still debated. I had a site that showed the differences... But I can't find the link. But I thought the changes were well worth it and an upgrade for what I'm looking for. If you need more info just reply and I'll post more. I'm using these on my 72 duster.

Hope this helps,

Benjamin

-
Back