4 vent gas tank.

-

Fisher

Old Guy with a Cool car.
Reaction score
I need to order a new gas tank, i have a new 3/8 sender but didnt get a sender with a return line in it. If i order a new tank with the 4 vents, can i use one of the 5/16 vents as a return line? i will run the two 3/8 lines plus on 5/16 line bacn to the original vent tube in the trunk. How are these vent lines connected inside the tank?

Sorry, no I didn't answer your question. I guess you could use one of the vent tubes for a return. Each tube ends up in one of the upper corners of the tank.

Yes i know they end up in the trunk, i wanted to vent 3 of the 4 tubes in the stock location but was hoping one of them would work as a return without too much effort

I guess it would work. Would just dump fuel back into the tank

Attachments

• ECS.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 174
Drive faster.Heh heh.
-Seriously though; if you defeat or partially defeat the vapor separator, you can do anything you want to. However the returning fuel which is above the liquid-line would tend to aerate the fuel, and possibly increase the vapor pressure in the tank.If you fully defeat the vapor canister(not recommended), you will need to vent the tank in some other way, else it might balloon in the hot sun or implode on the highway or otherwise give you operational fits.It might be possible to hook one of those tubes through the sender hole, and bend it down.
-Honestly though, modding the sender to accept a return-line is not that tough. Or you can just trade yours for one that is already modded.
-Im guessing your car is experiencing vapor-lock, or similar symptoms. I heard big blocks sometimes do that. Never had a problem like that on any of my LAmopes.

440's and Hemis had a 1/4" return line but like said you would want to maintain the vapor system or use a vented gas cap.

The car was a 6 cylinder car from Canada so no emisions no canister etc. Its a big block car now or will be with a carter electric pump.

Mystery solved i used an air line and then a surynge full of water. All 4 vents are open, no looping at all. i will use one of the 5/16 lines as a return. there are two tube open at the top and two at the bottom of the tank.

-
Back