4 wheel disc brakes, what master cyl to use

-

ta3834bbl

68 cuda 383 project
Reaction score
I've looked and searched for the answer in the threads, but I can't find it, what does everybody use for a direct bolt in master cylinder when you swap to 4 wheel disc brakes ? Or should I upgrade to the newer aluminum MC with an adapter ? What have you used ? What works ? thanks.

My Master Power 4 wheel disc kit came with a rebuilt master cyl. It appears to be an 73-76 style disc brake model.

I also have the aluminum later model cyl and the required adapter plate that I bought a couple years back, which is the one I'll probably end up using.

BrianT, thanks for the response. I have been told that the stock drum MC also works, but way back in auto shop classes ( long time ago ) we were taught that the drum and disc use such a different amount of fluid flow, and pressure, that they were very critical to match up correctly. But almost everyone who has 4 wheel disc conversions uses the disc/drum MC. Isn't there a bolt on later model MC off a mopar car or truck that will work? I would like to use the aluminum one if I can, and I guess if I have to get the adapter, then I will. Just trying to go straight to the parts store and pick one up to keep it simple. Anyone else have ideas or what they have used. There should be a sticky for Master Cyl apps, and disc brake how to's with pics. I have pics of my rears but I haven't posted them yet. I used the Right Stuff kit.

I am using a stock 73 duster MC with 4 wheel disk brakes. I just took the residual valve out of the front port in the MC.

harryhood, Thanks, I forgot about the residual check valve ! I'll go pick one up today, just to get rid of the bolt on cover mine has for the drum brakes.

-
Back