silverex

Reaction score
oem was 72 swinger with power brakes disc /drum
now
11,75 front/with hawk pads
11 inch rear disc
4 wheel disc proportionning
stock master and booster

360 with around 380 hp, ac car is driver with some track use.

some tell me too remove the residual valve, other to ditch the booster and run a aluminium master, and yes I already search but find no real life experience! just bench !!!

thanks

I'm using the OEM style rebuilt master, for a manual disc brake car, in our 72 Duster. I have the single piston front brakes for a 74 Duster and an Explorer rear axle with discs and it all works great. My wife drives the car and has never mentioned needing power brakes.

You don't need the residual valve, that's for rear drums. I am also pretty sure you don't need a proportioning valve for 4 wheel disc. A stock master does not sound right either. You need a master for 4 wheel disc.

Whatever you end up with, you do not need, nor do you want, residual valves for disc systems.

I'm using 73/ 4 A body up front, Linc Versailles rear, factory 67 drum manual master with residual valves punctured, works fine.

Residual valves are for drum brakes only, not disc. The Residual valve is to keep a small amount of pressure on the wheel cylinder cups and to control the flow of fluid returning to the master cylinder when you release to pedal. Using a residual valve on disc brakes will keep a drag on the brakes at all times, just like riding your pedal.

-
Back