4 wheel disc question

-

wes beem

Reaction score
Howdy, my 71 duster was originally 4 wheel drum brakes.

I purchased a front disc conversion kit from PST, and also added discs to the rear off a jeep liberty.

Am i able to run this setup with the stock factory distribution block? or is there something different i need?

I would run the fronts direct off the master cylinder and put an adjustable prop valve in the front-to-rear line. I actually did that on my Valiant when I put K-H discs on it. Rather than look around for a factory prop valve, I just used an old-stock MP adjustable I'd picked up sometime in the past. Just make sure you adjust the valve correctly, preferably on a wet road just in case. Too much rear bias can have you looking at where you already were in a hurry.

Howdy, my 71 duster was originally 4 wheel drum brakes.

I purchased a front disc conversion kit from PST, and also added discs to the rear off a jeep liberty.

Am i able to run this setup with the stock factory distribution block? or is there something different i need?
With 4 wheel disc you should be good with what you have . If you were going just disc in the front only you would need to add a original disc-drum valve or an adjustable .

Disc-Disc, should work the same as Drum-Drum, . Disc-drum you'll need a valve

I would use the stock distribution block, if it has the stock proportioning valve in it I would use it. Too much rear brakes and you spin.

-
Back