4 wide racing

-

KENTON

Reaction score
I'm watching the 4 wide NHRA race right now. I'm not sure why, but I like 2 lane racing better. Just wondering what you think? Thanks for your thoughts.

"It's been tried"

"It was stupid then and it is stupid now."

Sounds like something the author of "Fast and Furious" thought up, to me.

"It's been tried"

"It was stupid then and it is stupid now."

Sounds like something the author of "Fast and Furious" thought up, to me.

I never knew they tried it before, but only been watching NHRA the last 8 or 10 years. Thanks for the input.

I've watched it,does nothing for me. Like two lanes,traditional.....

I'm with you, I'm watching it but don't really like it! But, it is drag racing, which trumps all other shows when its on, much to the chagrin of certain members of the TV watching household here!! Dad wins on that subject!! Geof

I'm with you, I'm watching it but don't really like it! But, it is drag racing, which trumps all other shows when its on, much to the chagrin of certain members of the TV watching household here!! Dad wins on that subject!! Geof

I'm with you on both accounts, ha ha. I didn't think 4 wide would last this long.

you should watch it live its very hard to keep track of all that's going on. When things blow up and get ugly its just too much for an old guy to keep track of. I think its a rip of because it cheats you out of a round of racing. Bruton Smith owns too many tracks and pitched a fit when drivers bitched about it the first year. I guess sponsors like it as a gimmick but its a rip off for fans IMO. NHRA sucks the big one!!!!!!! :finga:

I'm with you on both accounts, ha ha. I didn't think 4 wide would last this long.

you should watch it live its very hard to keep track of all that's going on. When things blow up and get ugly its just too much for an old guy to keep track of. I think its a rip of because it cheats you out of a round of racing. Bruton Smith owns too many tracks and pitched a fit when drivers bitched about it the first year. I guess sponsors like it as a gimmick but its a rip off for fans IMO. NHRA sucks the big one!!!!!!! :finga:

Been trying to put my finger on it, but cheating me out of a round of racing sounds right. Also they only have half the network time to buy.

According to this, NHRA did 4 lanes "for the first time" this story is dated 2010, but I know for certain that "someone" maybe other sanctions, maybe UNsactioned, did it long before

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/nhra/news/story?id=4844998"]NHRA to race four cars together for first time - ESPN[/ame]

And then I found this............

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387254

Just gonna go out on a limb, LOL and say this was Fontana. The "date" of the jets speaks for itself.......EDIT Sorry didn't realize this damn thing was so large, ........

Somebody thought this was York, PA

lastscanzzz.jpg

Somewhere, sometime, in '64

al_3a.jpg

Attachments

• fontana.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 148
See pictures of new 57 Chev's running four wide,late 50's. Just can't remember where,I thought it was Hot Rod's archives photo articles. ^^^^^^

So how much different is the sound (I know your ears Are plugged) and the vibration in your bones than 2 wide? For those that have gone live.

According to this, NHRA did 4 lanes "for the first time" this story is dated 2010, but I know for certain that "someone" maybe other sanctions, maybe UNsactioned, did it long before

NHRA to race four cars together for first time - ESPN

And then I found this............

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387254

Just gonna go out on a limb, LOL and say this was Fontana. The "date" of the jets speaks for itself.......

attachment.php

Somebody thought this was York, PA

lastscanzzz.jpg

Somewhere, sometime, in '64

al_3a.jpg

That's a great picture with the 4 jet cars. Which makes me think a exhibition race draws spectators. But for a racer or fan that follows the whole season, it's anticlimactic. I'm thinking a national event should not be a exhibition race.

John Force just won his round. In his interview he said " not saying I like it or dislike it ( 4 wide racing ) I'll do what I'm told. I'll race in the rain if they tell me to" sounds like if you read between the lines, he's not that crazy about it either.

The old Rocky Mountain Speedway in Commerce City, Colorado ran Stock eliminator 4 wide back in the 60's.

That's understandable. Back then the Stock Eliminator field could be as many as 128 cars. 4 wide would cut it down to 32 rounds.

Englishtown used to run "all that show" in stock eliminator class, and they did it 2 at a time. Sometimes as many as 64 rounds!!!

That's understandable. Back then the Stock Eliminator field could be as many as 128 cars. 4 wide would cut it down to 32 rounds.

Englishtown used to run "all that show" in stock eliminator class, and they did it 2 at a time. Sometimes as many as 64 rounds!!!

Racing till 3am in the morning, sounds like racing at Billings, montana.

Me personally I'd love to stand between the inner two lanes as 4 top fuels went down the track

Stupid yes

But if u did do this then u can say your one of the only ones to experience it

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

-
Back