$40 Bench Seat Cover for pros

-

Serj22

Reaction score
This hot mod cost me $40 total. $30 seat cover from AutoZone and some $10 worth of spray adhesive. My rear bench was green with floral print, and looked like a lion was let loose on it for years. Previous owner fixed this by stapling a red floral print blanket to the plastic trim over the seat. It held for 2 years without shifting... but was a floral print wrinkly gross blanket...AND stapled to the car...

I hate the way seat covers shift and don't fit right, hence the spray adhesive. It was a new idea I had. I wasn't drunk, and I thought it would work. It actually did work, and held down nice. 2 new holes needed to be cut for the short seat belts on each end, but the other three lined up well to the 2 holes already in it. The cover was almost dead perfect to the trim and everything.

CAM00347_zpsf4a75b8e.jpg

I'd say it looks better than a floral print blanket, and is 100% super professional upholstery that looks 1,000,000 times better than any upholsterer could do. /sarcasm

Here's a photo of the box if your back seat is trash and like me - you can't afford a new rear seat yet.

CAM00348_zpsbaef1745.jpg

And I started laying out my carpet sound deadener Home Depot style and bought some carpeting to redo the interior, and about 12 yards of black vinyl, but that's for another thread...

So yeah, in conclusion - if you were thinking of gluing a seat cover to a seat but didn't want to be the first to try something so dumb - I did it for you. I'll update how it looks in a while and see if it stays.

Nice work, looks like you could "Drive Miss Daisy" back there....

I just transported two diplomats in the back; they were under the impression that they were in a Rolls Royce because of the back seat being so luxurious and soft. I will give the back seat one thing - the springs and cushion are still great. It's really soft.
My wife also noted that it was much better than that crummy blanket. She tends to frown on purchases for the cars too. The back seat has not been broken in yet... so to speak - well I'm sure in the last 60 years it happened at least once. We'll see how the seat cover does then! haha. I kid... or...

I just transported two diplomats in the back; they were under the impression that they were in a Rolls Royce because of the back seat being so luxurious and soft. I will give the back seat one thing - the springs and cushion are still great. It's really soft.
My wife also noted that it was much better than that crummy blanket. She tends to frown on purchases for the cars too. The back seat has not been broken in yet... so to speak - well I'm sure in the last 60 years it happened at least once. We'll see how the seat cover does then! haha. I kid... or...

LOL, just tell her it is sooooo soft n smooooooth right now, no better time than the present.

Seriously though, that looks way better and would do it in a heartbeat...if there isnt spare seats around, the cost of re-doing one is very pricy! Good job!

Well, as an update - the bench seat has been thoroughly "tested" and the results are that it is still attached firmly and after a week or so has not moved. I will say so far this is a success.

-
Back