$400 Aluminum Heads Or Not?

-
Well I bought the heads today :) P4532900 is the part number on the heads.. most things I look up say they are magnum heads but they don't have ten valve cover bolts.. they are definitely LA heads though.. ill try to post a pic.. the guy also threw in some mopar rockers for free! :)

Be careful there are a lot of unfinished mopar aluminum heads that are being sold cheap that need guides and seats...same part number and these are magnums...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-318-3...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-318-3...0&item=150780737312&pt=Race_Car_Parts&vxp=mtr

They were mounted on a 1970 340 engine.. i have heard the part number on these is the same as the magnums..

as you can see those heads are design to go either way...magnum or LA...the bosses for the magnum rocker pedestals are there but not drilled...the area for the 5 extra valve cover bolts are there just not drilled....

yes they take the LA rocker arms...are those lash caps on top of the valves?

Haha I just looked up the rockers and they seem to be part number 5007470.. that means the rockers are worth about 1600 by themselves! :)

That part number is the casting number. It is for 2 different heads which are magnum alloys and small port commandos. They are cast the same.then machined and drilled different to be 2 different heads. They have the same port layout. Yours are the la version the small port commando. They will glow side by side a eddy with same porting but these have a better exhaust. cheers

But in the mopar catalog they're the same part number.. they aren't proform.. they have a little mopar logos on each of them.. I'm not sure if the summit ones are the exact same ones but in the catalog they look exactly the same as mine..

if they have the mopar logos on them ..they are made by crane for mopar...

Awesome :) I think I got a pretty good deal then if you can compare em to edelbrock haha
They wont get anywhere near an edelbrock out of the box however. They need to be ported to get them working. They were cast with lots of meat on the ports so porters can shape them how they like em.
Out of the box intake goes like 220 cfm where an eddy will go 245.

Aren't the Crane ones gold though?

they can anodize aluminum any cold you want....today blue..tomorrow gold..next purple...

crane made them for mopar..just changed the color and logo etched on rocker ..pretty simple

in fact i have a blue one and gold one in my hand down...exactly the same except the color

What a score! Super good deals are hard to come by. Your buddy seems to exactly that,a good buddy!

they can anodize aluminum any cold you want....today blue..tomorrow gold..next purple...

crane made them for mopar..just changed the color and logo etched on rocker ..pretty simple

in fact i have a blue one and gold one in my hand down...exactly the same except the color

Cool haha Who sells em in blue? Because I can't find blue ones anywhere haha

Cool haha Who sells em in blue? Because I can't find blue ones anywhere haha

I guess you have not been reading....Crane made them for Mopar and they were Anodized blue...

so if crane made them for mopar...who would be selling the blue crane rockers....if you answer mopar...

you get a cookie..

pretty sure mopar quit selling those blue rockers ..since crane was out of business for a couple of year..crane still makes the gold ones.

-
Back