Status
Not open for further replies.

v8440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all,

More stuff to get rid of. I have various 400 and 440 blocks and shortblocks, a few with cranks but no rods or pistons. All blocks are from the 70's as far as I know. I'll sell any block (with it's original main caps included) for $75. If you want one with a cast crank in it it's $100, whether it has rods/pistons or not.

I also have a forged crank 440 that I have seen run. I pulled the pan and pickup off it because they were for a pickup truck and I traded those for some other stuff, but the engine did run, though rather poorly. I'll sell that 440 for $325.

I have a 1972 440 in the new yorker it came in, and it runs. The fuel system on the car is clogged up so I have to dribble gas down the carburetor to run it, but it can be demonstrated to run. I'll sell that engine for $550, or engine and trans for $625. Obviously these will have to be pulled, which I will do for $75. Or, if you want the whole car you can get it for $750. It's a rusty 4 door, so you probably wouldn't want to try restoring it.

Finally, I have a number of extra big block 727 transmissions. All of these are normal long tail transmissions. Some may have the hole in the bellhousing that indicates they came from vans. These are complete transmissions in unknown condition. I'll sell them for $65. I don't know if they work as is or not. You might get lucky, you might not. I can scare up a torque converter for some of them, though I have no idea what the converter came out of originally.

I will ship any of these items. You can also pick them up in person in Montgomery, AL. I have a forklift available on the spot to help load stuff. In addition to actual shipping charges, there will be a $15 handling fee for me to deliver a transmission to the shipping dock, and a $30 handling fee for an engine. These fees do not apply if you pick items up in person.

I will not go take pictures of individual blocks or transmissions. You should expect to have to rebuild these items. If you need a particular year of engine block I will see if I have one cast in that time period.

I will add 3% on to the total of any payments made using paypal to offset what paypal will charge me to use them.

Mods, please delete this thread. The stuff is apparently worthless, so it's going to the scrapyard Monday.

Well believe it or don't but I never saw it. Since I'm in Georgia, I would be interested, but I can't do anything until the 16th.

how much for 400 no crank shipped to 27816 ncthanks mike

How much is a scrapyard gonna give you? How much is it gonna cost you to get it there?
They're not gonna give you $750 for the car. If you really want it gone that bad, offer it for sale for what the junkyard would pay and it will probably be gone within a week. If you were on LI I would make an offer just to save the poor thing.

Very interested in the 440 and 400 and 727. What castings do you have

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back