408 4x4 build

-
170-175 cyl. psi would be ideal. My heads get opened up to 2.02 valve and the cut leaves a little ledge in the bowl. I blend this away...that's it. I don't think you'd see much more power down low with additional porting.
The I beams will handle 650HP no problem. They are much lighter than an H beam. Cast crank is all you need. I use comp cams, I spec the lobes myself.
Before I spec a cam I would need all of your info. Tight lca hits very hard early and pulls like a freight train.
You'll have at least 14" of vacume with that cam...but I strongly recommend that you add a vacume canister to eliminate any chance of low vacume at the brake booster. They are small and easy to mount.
If you decide to have me spec the cam, just PM or email me all of your info and I'll run the cam specs I decide on by you before I order it. You will not be disappointed I assure you of that.
The specs I shot at you were just from the hip...actuall specs will probably vary slightly.
Brian

I don't plan on any deep porting while n/a. For now i just intended on 2.02 and light bowl blend and light port matching if nessesary. The rpm intake I bought from hughe is gasket matched/blended. I was just curious as to what the max flow/lift is w/ those heads if and when I decide to go f/i. You think 9000 cast would be strong enough for f/i. How does the taper tolerance on the scatt forged cranks compare to cast. I just said 650hp cuz I figured thats a rough estimat for a streetable 6:71 w/ 10lbs or 150shot bottle. Exactly what specs do you all need??? Do you mean my cam card specs. What do you mean lca I'm only familiar w/ (lsa)lobe sep ang and (Icl) Instld cnt line.

I don't plan on any deep porting while n/a. For now i just intended on 2.02 and light bowl blend and light port matching if nessesary. The rpm intake I bought from hughe is gasket matched/blended. I was just curious as to what the max flow/lift is w/ those heads if and when I decide to go f/i. You think 9000 cast would be strong enough for f/i. How does the taper tolerance on the scatt forged cranks compare to cast. I just said 650hp cuz I figured thats a rough estimat for a streetable 6:71 w/ 10lbs or 150shot bottle. Exactly what specs do you all need??? Do you mean my cam card specs. What do you mean lca I'm only familiar w/ (lsa)lobe sep ang and (Icl) Instld cnt line.

lca is lobe center angle...same as lsa. If your really going to use boost, I would recommend the 4340 crank. Like I posted before, I use Scat alot and have no issues with them personally.
I think I would open up the pushrod pinch to help with the matched intake manifold. That upgrade is 200.00.

lca is lobe center angle...same as lsa. If your really going to use boost, I would recommend the 4340 crank. Like I posted before, I use Scat alot and have no issues with them personally.
I think I would open up the pushrod pinch to help with the matched intake manifold. That upgrade is 200.00.

I'm still not sure what info you need, but I'll try to call you this morning or later this afternoon.

Dustin

Is the motor really going to be blown in the future?

Wouldn't piston design and compression need to be changed?

Yea, I imagine it would have to be no grater than 8-8.5:1 w/ boost.
I figure by the time I can afford and confidently tune a blower, the pistons will be trashed anyway. Atleast I wouldn't trust them behind $8,000 700+ hp motor. I just want to beaf up the downstairs "now" so its capable of growing in the future. If for some reason I get bored with 475hp/500tq and I want to upgrade the top end. :burnout:

But thanks for the forewarning, something to consider when the time comes.

-
Back