408 blueprint motor 445 hp

-
one would think they would address all the negative comments about there business . :-(

x2....blueprint has been a member since 2011 with only 9 posts, and there has always been negative feedback regarding their engines, but no rebuttal...heres a place where you can limit the damage and defend your product if you choose, especially with the amount of members here...but hey counts customs uses their engines, lol

As in Danny the Count? Ha! For TV you can bet those blocks were hand selected, align honed, decked, etc. Then they find where the plastigage is in the shop and use it. New studs and fasteners, degreed cam, hand selected head castings without cracks. You get the idea. The ones Joe blow buys, not so much...

I can understand them not responding. Arguing over the internet with people who haven't actually bought your product is kind of useless.

And just to clarify my own experience with Blueprint. We've got one of their 347ci (425hp) strokers in a '64 Mustang and it pulls like a train. If driving that is any indication of quality I reckon we will definitely buy again.

I can understand them not responding. Arguing over the internet with people who haven't actually bought your product is kind of useless.

So as a company wouldn't you think they would want to dispel some of the negative ratings they have all over the internet. I certainly would think so, unless they can't.

Nah, you're right, why would they want to do that in hopes of clearing it up in front of 30,000 potential customers.

I work for a company that has tens of thousands of customers who buy and enjoy our products. We are the top in our field and as such we have people who love to hate us for no other reason than the fact that we are the best. People write nasty stuff about us every day, but you can't spend all day arguing with internet haters, all they do is bring you down to their level.

Make a good product and let the product and your customer service speak for themselves.

I work for a company that has tens of thousands of customers who buy and enjoy our products. We are the top in our field and as such we have people who love to hate us for no other reason than the fact that we are the best. People write nasty stuff about us every day, but you can't spend all day arguing with internet haters, all they do is bring you down to their level.

Make a good product and let the product and your customer service speak for themselves.

blownhemi, I think that it's a good idea to seek out advice from others before making a major purchase. - And I don't have a bone to pick with Blueprint engines. I do think it's normal to hear a few complaints about any company. But there seems to be more than a few here. There have been other companies discussed on this website that have also received negative comments. TCI comes to mind. You are about the only one who has spoken out favorably about Blueprint. I'm really glad you had good results with them. I can't speak (about them) from personal experience, but others have - and there are enough of them to suspect there's a trend. I chose to go with Mike at MRL because I couldn't find a single negative comment regarding his work or integrity. Everything I heard was positive.

I would just have one built. 450 hp will not be hard to accomplish using a 360 or a 340 based block. 2.02 Intake valves in minor ported cast heads and a good forged rotating assembly and your there. You don't even need much compression. Maybe 9.5:1 would be fine. Then you know what is in it right from the start. I wouldn't pay anymore than 5000 for a small block with 450 crank/hp. Reliable hp. What is the cost of a blueprint small block ? I've never heard of them , when you get to numbers over 400 hp your gonna want to trust the guy who put it together cause your wallet will take the beating. Not the car. Not bashing blue print. I'm sure they have done some legit builds. Just do the research

Another thing to note - regardless of my position on the debate - you'll hear about every single problem engine. You more than likely never hear about the good ones unless the builder posts about it.

Another thing to note - regardless of my position on the debate - you'll hear about every single problem engine. You more than likely never hear about the good ones unless the builder posts about it.

That's a good point, although when I researched them I did find good reviews, they were just outnumbered by bad ones.

It still makes one curious as to why he would not address it.

I say support your local machine shop. The reason engine shops hardly exist anymore is for 2 reasons. Import junk and large companies pushing the small guy out useing fast pace lines and mass produced parts . Support the small guy , JMHO

if one person calls you an asshole they are probably an asshole if 1000 people say you are an asshole you are probably an asshole!

I wouldn't reply either..nothing to be gained ..!!

I compete at Engine Masters Challenge with the guys from IMM. They'll build you a great engine, but that is a different type of build - I doubt they would offer you a 50,000 mile warranty, or tell you 87 octane is OK to run at the weekend drags, etc. They'll build you a decent engine specific to your application, for sure.

Coincidentally, I work at BluePrint as an EFI tuner, and have some thoughts on the "complaints" here: the reason you read about complaints on forums is because of how many engines we ship - even if .1% of the engines have issues, having shipped over 300,000 engines out of our facility, there are a few engines with problems.

Build process - Our facility and assembly processes are ISO-certified, we do as much testing and QA inspection on parts as possible before they're installed- because we're not going to put a 50,000 mile warranty on a piece of junk. Sometimes we get bad parts from suppliers that slip through, in my time here I've never seen any customer being treated with disrespect or brushed off. I've seen a lot of engines that were covered under warranty with clear user-related issues (No, your smallblock ford doesn't like 58* of timing on pump gas). I have a hard time believing the few stories I've read about problems dealing with warranty claims. We have a lot of happy customers checking in, all the time. If you have questions about the product, ask freely. I'm a MOPAR nut, and engineer - not a salesman or advertiser. -Scott

I wouldn't reply either..nothing to be gained ..!!

Well, I would have to disagree. Read below VVVV

I compete at Engine Masters Challenge with the guys from IMM. They'll build you a great engine, but that is a different type of build - I doubt they would offer you a 50,000 mile warranty, or tell you 87 octane is OK to run at the weekend drags, etc. They'll build you a decent engine specific to your application, for sure.

Coincidentally, I work at BluePrint as an EFI tuner, and have some thoughts on the "complaints" here: the reason you read about complaints on forums is because of how many engines we ship - even if .1% of the engines have issues, having shipped over 300,000 engines out of our facility, there are a few engines with problems.

Build process - Our facility and assembly processes are ISO-certified, we do as much testing and QA inspection on parts as possible before they're installed- because we're not going to put a 50,000 mile warranty on a piece of junk. Sometimes we get bad parts from suppliers that slip through, in my time here I've never seen any customer being treated with disrespect or brushed off. I've seen a lot of engines that were covered under warranty with clear user-related issues (No, your smallblock ford doesn't like 58* of timing on pump gas). I have a hard time believing the few stories I've read about problems dealing with warranty claims. We have a lot of happy customers checking in, all the time. If you have questions about the product, ask freely. I'm a MOPAR nut, and engineer - not a salesman or advertiser. -Scott

Thanks Scott, now THAT is the way to handle these types of scenarios. It seems to me that Andrew could have taken the time to do the same.

When I, as a potential customer see something like he wrote, what do you think that makes me think?

There are 30,000 sets of eyes right here that could be potential customers.

So to those who think putting up your perspective from a company stand point is useless, because "it's arguing over the internet", I disagree.

PS. I don't have any dog in this fight and haven't an opinion of Blueprint, other than the fact they don't seem to want to "lay it out there", the good, the bad and the ugly. It makes for better customer relations. Everybody makes boo boo's at one time or another.

Well, I would have to disagree. Read below VVVV

Thanks Scott, now THAT is the way to handle these types of scenarios. It seems to me that Andrew could have taken the time to do the same.

When I, as a potential customer see something like he wrote, what do you think that makes me think?

There are 30,000 sets of eyes right here that could be potential customers.

So to those who think putting up your perspective from a company stand point is useless, because "it's arguing over the internet", I disagree.

PS. I don't have any dog in this fight and haven't an opinion of Blueprint, other than the fact they don't seem to want to "lay it out there", the good, the bad and the ugly. It makes for better customer relations. Everybody makes boo boo's at one time or another.

I agree. I'm not regretting my decision to go with MRL, but I would have given really serious consideration to Blueprint had I read that response.

Public Relationship's and some honesty,are the best way to handle these kind of problems. Selling short & long blocks that are a bad product, I have seen done. Not to be confused with this situation,had my multiple shares of heat with customers & bad products. 90% of the time,they are happy with a situation handled and fixed honestly. My opinion as a parts /product salesman in automotive aftermarket,my.02¢……

we put a blue print stoker motor in a 1972 dart and all we had is problems, blueprint stinks! mopar performance crate engines seem very interesting,

tqfastfish,

Would you be willing to send me the informtaion on your engine and the issue that you had, I would like to look into that for you and if there is anything that I can do to fix your situation please let me know. Did you call in and start the warranty process with us? If you did what was our tracking number or serial number off of your engine?

Andrew

Just looking for a good bracket motor around 450' to 500 hp I shift @6,000 rpm go thru the lights @6000

Karl,

Thank you for contacting me directly to discuss the engine you are looking for, let me know if we can help you out with an engine.

Andrew

tqfastfish,

Would you be willing to send me the informtaion on your engine and the issue that you had, I would like to look into that for you and if there is anything that I can do to fix your situation please let me know. Did you call in and start the warranty process with us? If you did what was our tracking number or serial number off of your engine?

Andrew

Now this is an example of the type of response I like to see. :thumbrig:

The Blueprint engines represent represent a dream come true for Mopar fans. Affordable, quality stock stroke and stroker engines. I say dream come true, because the phord and chebbie guys have had this available for years. This is why I see it as important that Blueprint doesn't drop the ball here. Could be a good thing for Blueprint and Mopar fans alike.

This is why I see it as important that Blueprint doesn't drop the ball here. Could be a good thing for Blueprint and Mopar fans alike.

Exactly, that's why I don't get the comments like "it's pointless to argue over the internet".

As a company, I would strive to resolve the bad karma by hitting it head on.

The Blueprint engines represent represent a dream come true for Mopar fans. Affordable, quality stock stroke and stroker engines. I say dream come true, because the phord and chebbie guys have had this available for years. This is why I see it as important that Blueprint doesn't drop the ball here. Could be a good thing for Blueprint and Mopar fans alike.

Great point! It'd be in every Mopar guy's best interest if we could get more vendors involved and saw the prices of our parts start to drop. I may not have gone with Blueprint but I'm hoping they prove to be a reputable business.

Exactly, that's why I don't get the comments like "it's pointless to argue over the internet".

As a company, I would strive to resolve the bad karma by hitting it head on.

Yup. They may not WANT to have any dirty laundry aired out in public but cautious potential customers will choose companies that are willing to address complaints openly and resolve issues. Everyone has personal horror stories about some tech support blowing them off.

My buddy at work installed a 408 last year in his dart.
He has had excellent luck with the Blueprint engine... I was actually surprised with all the crappy reviews, but he just runs it as a street cruiser burning tires.
It was a great deal for him, for one he does not no how to build a motor, two it has a warranty, his car is running good with decent torque.
He is a happy customer, and the price fit his wallet.

-
Back