408 blueprint motor 445 hp

-
Look at this.

http://blueprintengines.com/index.php/products/bp-blocks-landing/item/bpt4600100s

Brand new made in USA block for a tick over 2K. Why can't they cast a big or small Mopar? They also have new Ford and Chevy heads available, but again, no Mopar. So what's the excuse there? "Oh we wouldn't sell enough?" Not offering them at all is one quick way to sell none.

An unexplored opportunity, never sells. .... You don't spread the word,you don't sell product.

Look at this.

http://blueprintengines.com/index.php/products/bp-blocks-landing/item/bpt4600100s

Brand new made in USA block for a tick over 2K. Why can't they cast a big or small Mopar? They also have new Ford and Chevy heads available, but again, no Mopar. So what's the excuse there? "Oh we wouldn't sell enough?" Not offering them at all is one quick way to sell none.

A few weeks after I ordered my engine from MRL I went to a swap meet in Lincoln, Nebraska. There was a vendor there that was selling fresh 350 Chevy crate motors for $650. No wonder them bowtie boys are outnumbering us. They can build a car for so much less.

This is all it says:

Cylinder Heads:

Aluminum cylinder heads
Hardened retainers and springs
2.02 swirl polished intake valves
1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves

I would GUESS Pro Comp since they don't offer the heads separately on their site like Chevy and Ford.

I dealt with mike at MRL performance. Told him what I was wanting. And he put me a recommended kit together. I liked the pricing and his customer service.
It's a pump gas 408. It ran 11.11 a month ago in street trim. No traction at all and was running out of fuel in high gear. So it's def. got a high 10 second pass in it with some slicks. I'm happy. It's in my 75 duster. Car weighs 3250 without me in it.

I'm curious to know the price of one of these 445 hp 500 ftlb engines with a warranty. They are probably great if your into the restoring and re selling business. Sounds very similar to my last 408 that was built by a legit builder, one of the best I know about and that engine came apart with the crank in 3 pieces. Guess who I went back to. The same guy because he has put out some monster builds and he knows his stuff. High HP is high maintenance and if you can't take a failure don't go big. The best of the best have thrown rods through blocks , cranks through pans and push rods in circles. Not to hard to do with a heavy foot and a bad memory of time . I've done it. Anyone else destroy a good engine ?????????

There is a difference between re-manufacturing and building an engine.

I think I would handle this just like you do OOTB Heads. Disassemble, check, and correct as needed. But for $5k+, I think I would try to keep this close to home with a reputable shop where I had more control.

I also agree with you typically only hear about problems and not success stories.

I have a base 408 stroker from blue print so far its awesome about 2 tanks of gas thru it..customer service is helpful

I'm curious to know the price of one of these 445 hp 500 ftlb engines with a warranty. They are probably great if your into the restoring and re selling business. Sounds very similar to my last 408 that was built by a legit builder, one of the best I know about and that engine came apart with the crank in 3 pieces. Guess who I went back to. The same guy because he has put out some monster builds and he knows his stuff. High HP is high maintenance and if you can't take a failure don't go big. The best of the best have thrown rods through blocks , cranks through pans and push rods in circles. Not to hard to do with a heavy foot and a bad memory of time . I've done it. Anyone else destroy a good engine ?????????

Seen plenty, yup. Never broke one of mine but that's more a case of being astute and telling them "pull it and bring it to me" when there was an issue rather than saying it's nothing. Usually the fastest pass is either the next to last, or the last one...lol.

Blownhemi,

Our BPC4083CTC we are currently using a Edelbrock aluminum head on that engine.

Andrew

Andrew, do yall plan to offer a Blueprint head for the Chrysler like you do the Chevy and Ford? How bout a block?

I personally would go with Indy or Hughes. Probably not the cheapest around, but both have good reputations.

I personally like Hughes myself.

I personally would go with Indy or Hughes. Probably not the cheapest around, but both have good reputations.

I personally like Hughes myself.

There have also been a lot of complaints about Indy on this site. Everybody seems to like their heads but not their 'crate' motors.

...I'd like to see TFS or AFR would make some small and big block Mopar heads...

AFR would be da shizzle.

You ain't wrong-sold as is CNC ported...only problem I recall from anyone using them was the heavy valves and springs not so up to the task for larger roller cams. But swapping the springs is easy enough.

You ain't wrong-sold as is CNC ported...only problem I recall from anyone using them was the heavy valves and springs not so up to the task for larger roller cams. But swapping the springs is easy enough.

Or ordering bare is even easier.

Agreed. I have a pump gas 340 that is a total peach that he built and it made 470hp and 455 lb-ft. Engine is crazy awesome. Easily as liveable on the street as my old 360 that might have cracked 300hp on a good day.
Is that the 340 I sold you Pat? Have you ever had it at the track? I've heard good things about MRL, but never realized they were somewhat local to me.

Dennis

Andrew, do yall plan to offer a Blueprint head for the Chrysler like you do the Chevy and Ford? How bout a block?

RustyRatRod,

At this point in time we do not have any plans for a Chrysler block or heads of our own design, like a few people had previously said unfortunately the demand is not there right now.

Andrew

-
Back