408 blueprint motor 445 hp

-
RustyRatRod,

At this point in time we do not have any plans for a Chrysler block or heads of our own design, like a few people had previously said unfortunately the demand is not there right now.

Andrew

You will never know about demand if the product is unavailable. Demand cannot exist without the product.

Depending on the price and work I may have gone with a different head over the stock eddies.

I can see why they wouldn;t bother. It's very poor business to develop and produce a product that takes casting and machining investment with little or no market for it. There are lower dollar choices for pretty much anything you would want to do already. These engines while plentiful are older designs and Mopar is a much smaller market anyway. Smaller market means greater startup costs and a mandated higher per-unit final cost. We're just not worth it.

I get that too, BUT, whoever ever decides to offer what's available for the other two of the big three will be the only ones doin it. For a while, anyway.

I want the guys job that scrolls through forums doing pr.

Its not our jobs to search the forums, we saw this post because some of the guys in the office are forum members here.

I deal with EFI and ignition electronics all day. You may not want my job...

Its not our jobs to search the forums, we saw this post because some of the guys in the office are forum members here.

I deal with EFI and ignition electronics all day. You may not want my job...

I'm not surprised that companies do not have someone designated to scour the internet looking for pro/con feedback on the goods and services they sell. I'm sure most focus their attention on the nuts and bolts aspects of their operations.

But PR can be a key factor on the success or failure of a business. Many people will remember how hard Firestone got hit after the negative PR they received years ago after it was found out that their tires had been a major factor in rollovers on some new SUVs. They went from being one of the preferred tire makers to being ostracized overnight.

Companies want to grow and be successful. Money is spent on advertising - and efforts are made to establish partnerships with vendors so their goal can be accomplished.
If I was a business CEO I would have some resources dedicated to ensuring the public has a favorable view of what I'm selling. If I was selling crate engines I'd seek out the hotspots where my customer base migrate to and do what I could to make sure a positive image was being portrayed.

Hopefully now that negative feedback has come to the attention of the few FABO members that have an association with Blueprint engines, they will pass that information on to the powers that be within the company. Hopefully the company will take that information seriously, and hopefully all concerns will be addressed.

Even though I did not buy a motor from them, I am rooting for Blueprint engines to succeed. As a Mopar enthusiast I would like to see more businesses willing to invest resources on supplying the public with Chrysler products.

I am sure it is like anything else. You always hear about the bad ones. Never the good ones.

That's not true - there are builders that thump their own chests regularly. It's just rare that the customer that get's what they paid for feels the need to post it.

That's not true - there are builders that thump their own chests regularly. It's just rare that the customer that get's what they paid for feels the need to post it.

That's what I meant dummy. The customer's perspective. lol I never listen to anybody who brags on themselves a lot. I mean.......I know I can build one, that's all that counts to me.

I decided to build my own motor but was contacted by blueprint they were very helpful in explaining there engine and uses for it. I have been on this forum for only a little while but have have been driving and racing mopars since 1968. It seems there are some people that get their kicks bad mouthing other people or businesses. I guess they have never been in business or never made mistakes themselves. Just my opinion

-
Back