Reaction score
as a newbie on mopar engines I'd need your help guys-
I got a
360LA block
408 stroker kit
rpm edelbrock heads.
10.2:1 comp
mopar performance aluminium intake
Car would be a 65 barracuda with a limited slip ford 9" 3.00 axle ratio and 904 tranny with 2000stall converter - rear tires would be 315 x 17 with nitto street drag tires
-----
so --now I've to order the the studs, rocker arms (stock or roller 1.5, 1.6, 1.7??), hyd or flat tappet lifters, pushrods and the cam.
but as said I have no idea with package would be good for my projekt.
-
PLEASE HELP ME OUT

I went with the Comp Cams Pro Magnum roller rockers and a Hughes Engines rocker arm hold down kit. Those parts worked great with the Eddie heads. As for cam contact Brian at IMM, user ou812 here on the forums, he will hook you up.

You will have to measure for push rods once you get the cam installed. I bought my push rods from Brian at IMM. He was just as cheap as Summit but his shipping was cheaper plus you get the expert advice you need.

When you are building an engine like that you need to consult with an expert as far as cam is concerned.

You combination looks good so far. You will need to know what pistons you are running, will the block be cut to put them at zero deck, and CC'ing the heads to get exact combustion chamber volume would be a good idea. I'd get those heads looked over too. Sometimes valve guides too tight and valve jobs not the best out of the box. A little bit of bowl blending and gasket matching will help flow a lot too. And you might need to upgrade springs, retainers, and locks depending on the cam. I had to upgrade those parts on mine because of the cam profile.

Felpro 1008 head gaskets and ARP bolts work great with those heads.

A little more gear in the rear would be good too.

X2 what fastback said.I would also look into a new t.convertor to match up with your gears and cam.Brian is the go to guy here.He will help get you started.I have a 408(410)and would build another,they,re torque monsters for a small block.Good luck.

X2 what fastback said.I would also look into a new t.convertor to match up with your gears and cam.Brian is the go to guy here.He will help get you started.I have a 408(410)and would build another,they,re torque monsters for a small block.Good luck.
I could change my converter and rear ratio till next week, but why?? - that cars main task is driving on the autobahm (80-110mph) and it should be good for some fun drag racing on weekends - 3 or 4 times a year

True,guess I didn,t see any mention of cruising on the Autobahn?I would keep the 3.00 gears then for sure.On the cam,I,m running a solid roller with the Pro magnum rockers(1.5)Good luck.

Brian custom ground my hydraulic roller cam for me and helped me with push rods and other things with my engine. This was long before he was a member here. If you click on my "View photos by 340sFastback" to the left of the above post you can read the cam specs below the photos.

-
Back