408 fender badges.

Would the 408 fender badges looks good on a 71 duster?

• Yes, as long as you'requested running a 408 in there

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • No, it is tacky and something you would expect on a ford

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • It's your car, do whatever you like

Votes: 57 55.9%

• Total voters
-
I liked them so much I ordered a set of the red for my 66 Dart! Thanks for the link.
Rod

What do you do with that bucket of cement?

We put people's feet in them and throw them into Lake Michigan.... That's called "Chicago Boots" from the old mob days.... :glasses7:

That bucket is so last year.... #-o

:Have a built 360 with it badged as a 273, should see the looks on the other faces when they look at the 273 Dart that beat them, can not wait to put a 408 in it, with it still badged as a 273.:D:D:D

408 badging would be cool. But the above is my plan of attack. W2head 408 stroker with fenderwell headers in my 66 Barracuda with 273 badging and old school air cleaner with 273 decal.

Idk if I'd do a 408 badge or not. One badge that I KNOW I'd put on my car is if I put a 6.4 in my car I'd DEFINITELY put the red 392 HEMI badge from the srt challengers on my fenders!

I'd do that if I got a 4" stroker crank for a 318. Punch it out 0.040", and you're at 392. You can get the 392 Hemi badge, switch out HEMI for WEDGE, and you're golden. That was my original plan. I got two 318 blocks for free on craigslist.

After thinking about it, I decided to go with a 383 and drop in a 3.750 stroker kit from 440 Source. After machining, heads, cam, and all the other parts, the cost will be about the same for the 383 big block as for the 318 small block. With this combo, my badge options (depending on manifold/carb combo and bore) will be 383 Four Barrel, like my avatar, 426 Wedge, 440 Four Barrel/Six Pack... How about a low deck 440 Six Pack?

6.4? Speak American!

The more you show, the quicker you are to loose your car. People that are into theft (happens every day) are quick to pick up on little things that make a good fast sale, no questons asked. A LOT of street HEMIs were ripd, and striped just for the mills. Keep it clean and low kew. Those that know you will know your car and respect it for what it is. Even thow Im running a 440, should someone ask I tell them "I was told it was a 340, but it not that fast so I think it a 318". They just grunt ,smile and walk away. Dont even ask to see the motor. I cant even remember how many fools gave me a two some times three car lead just so they could put another notch on there shifter handle and saw nuttin but tail lights. L.O.L.!! a clean install on the valve cover would be kool though,,,

good point Doc...maybe I should just slap some Toyota 16 valve decals on there?

Nice stuff here, to each his own. Would not be my choice, I like to fly under the radar.

both great ideas, but...I DONT have a scoop and I DO already have a stripe on there

-
Back