408 fuel pump

-

Magster65

Reaction score
I already bought one of these Holley 12-360-11 mechanical fuel pumps.
Of course I just read some article on how the flow and pressure drops off with rpm... now I'm not sure I have the right one.
Is this enough pump for a 470 hp 408? I need to put in a filter and I can plumb it in 1/2" line from the tank if I have to. Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

I don't know what you article you read but it's easy to second guess your decisions when you over analyze everthing. Trust me, I invented that. I went over and over every part that I put into my 408 until I was driving myself crazy. I went with this mechanical Carter pump but I think your's will be fine.

Carter Street Super Mechanical Fuel Pumps M5902P

Thanks Brian.
Did you use the stock fuel lines from the tank... and did you put a filter in there somewhere?
Thanks

I don't know what you article you read but it's easy to second guess your decisions when you over analyze everthing. Trust me, I invented that. I went over and over every part that I put into my 408 until I was driving myself crazy. I went with this mechanical Carter pump but I think your's will be fine.

Carter Street Super Mechanical Fuel Pumps M5902P

We ran 3/8" fuel line in the stock location. Then put an inline filter just before the pump and ran braided line with AN fittings to the regulator and carb. It may not be right, but that's how we did it. Ran fine all last summer.
upload_2017-12-30_11-40-30.png

-
Back