408 stroker head gaskets

-

ldtc

Reaction score
i got some felpro head gaskets part#1008 the gaskets fit fine on one side i believe it was the drivers side but i had to flip the other gasket over to make it fit on the passenger side this is the only way it would line up with the dowel pins. Does this sound correct? The drivers side has the words felpro stamped in the top where you can read it and the passenger side has the felpro side down on the block . Tried both gaskets on both sides same thing and gaskets are the same part number i double checked that to. What bothers me is the gaskets have two different surfaces one side is a dark blue that feels like it has some kind of sealer on it, the other is a light blue, the side that has felpro stamped in it and it doesnt feel as tacky the drivers side has the dark blue side down on the block the passenger side has the light blue down on the block. The metal ring looks different from one side to the other on the gasket. Dont know if this even makes a difference but would like to be sure before i bolt everything together

Nope, it's fine. Make sure the bolt holes are tapped, and torque in stages.

thanks for the help guys just wanted to make sure the gaskets would work ok. I have not used these gaskets before and the two different sides threw me off.

Be sure to spray them with copper coat before using them.

I have sprayed some with copper in the past. Others I didn't. I don't know which way is "correct" but they all worked out fine.

-
Back