408 stroker header recommendations?

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I recently brought home a 408 stroker for my Dart Sport. I currently have a 318. The headers on it now are under chassis skid plates and hit all the time. I really don't want to cut the fender wells if I don't have to. Are there any other choices to gain ground clearance?

I have a set of Hooker Super Comps, pn 5204 I believe. They are 1 3/4 inch, and had way more ground clearance than the standard 3 tube under the center link headers. They won't work with power steering though. The front tubes slip off/on. I'll be selling mine, I never got to drive with them, and I want to keep my PS. They are used, but in really good shape.

i have a 408 stroker in my 68 dart, i use doug thorlys, and the only issue i have is its close to the power steering box, and th shifter cable is close, ive melted 2, i wrapped it in heat wrap tuce, and it seems to be fine.

TTi makes 1 3/4 step hedders(chassis),that 408 is gonna wanna breath.JMO

P.S spend once and get the coated ones.

The engine came with some Hooker Super Comps. They are pretty dented up, though. I need it to breathe for sure, but need to keep them off the ground. I really don't want to do fenderwell headers if I can go some other route. Any more ideas?

on my 73 duster i have hookers sc the same as metalidart lots of road clearence and no 5 and 7 tubes go down so its easy on plug wires on my 70 duster i have tti and these are a beautiful piece of work but expensive lots of room but both cars are standard steering the heddmans were junk they would hit every bump on the road just my oppinion and you know the old saying oppinions are like a holes we all have one

I went with the TTI headers. I was young (19) and bought a set of flow-tech headers not only were they brand new scrape plates but the install was horrible. When it came time to take them out I cut them out and sent them straight to "file 13" trash and haven't looked back since. I'm now the very proud owner of a set of TTI's it was some $$$ but when I got them I knew it was money well spent. Just my .02

-
Back