408 stroker kits

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
looking to build a street stroker and wanted to know who has the best deal on the kits? I think I want to go with a cast crank for the street. I am looking to build somethin in the 450hp range. waht would be a good head/cam/carb combo to achieve this?

Call MRL Performance. He is top notch and easy to deal with. And he is a sponsor on this website.

You get what you pay for. I've found some cheaper kits at places such as Race Mart. But if you search their name, you also find a bunch of complaints. Summit has a decent price and great customer service.

I am buying a Scat #1-48035 I am going to check with a couple of the vendors here and also at the machine shop that is going to do my work.

I also bought a scat kit, cast crank with KB 356 Pistons. I measured everything, most was within specs - except one piston which was too small in diameter. Overall quality very nice in my opinion.

450 HP setup? 10:1 compression, RHS-X Heads or ported J-Heads i think, Performer rpm intake, 750 DP or 750 EDE Carb, comp XE295HL cam.

Here is one example, little bit more power:

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/ccrp_1006_small_block_mopar_stroker_dyno_test/index.html

Michael

I found these guys very good to deal with and had better prices on most items
http://www.cnc-motorsports.com/cran...ke-4_000/vehicle_make-chrysler.html?limit=100
I bought my icon pistons and scat conrods from them.
In hindsight I probably should've bought a scat crank from them.
For the small difference in price I would go for a forged crank as well.
I was able to save a few hundred dollars by piecing the kit by buying the components separately instead of buying a complete kit.

Try www.campbellenterprises.com. I bought a complete kit to build a stroker 273 CI up to 330 CI. This kit cost $2292 including the cost of the custom pistons. This is a race kit with a forged crank which is why it's fairly expensive. A street kit with a cast crank for a 340-360 buildup to 408 CI should be less expensive. Hope this helps.

Brain at IMM or Mike at MRL, support the guys that provide support for our forum.

Buy a scat cast crank, either stock re done or new scat i beam rods, KB356 hyperutectic pistons dialed to around 9.8-10.1, mildly ported factory heads with a good valve job, rpm intake, 750-800 cfm carb, headers '1 5/8 will do that power power level' and a cam in the .500-.550 lift 280*-290* duration 108-112cl w/244*-255* @.050
Buy from whoever has the best price.

-
Back