408 Stroker or BB 383 Stroker?

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
Debating which route i should go because i have both motors. It seems like the Sb would be a little cheaper to build but would i be able to achieve the same results with the smaller motor? I would be starting from scratch either way, they are just bare blocks both are std. bore. Which would be the easier way to go to run low 11's SB Stroker or BB Stroker? This is going to be primarily a track car with the occassional street use just for fun. i look at 7172duster and it really makes me go that route But i want this to run on pumpgas too. any ideas? who has a 408 stroker that is happy with their track results?

Seeing as i'm a smallblock guy i'm going to say 408..my 416 ran 11.0's all day on pump gas,and still had good street manners:-D:-D

If it's a race car I would always go bigger as it doesnt have to work as hard. However, as a multi-use, I still maintain there is nothing that can complete with a 4" arm small block A body. For both you need real heads and the associated bits like headers, hood clearance, etc. Big block you need a trans.. That's about the only difference.

really? did you run a transbrake? if you dont mind me asking did you go Roller Cam?

No transbrake..launch off footbrake..hyd. .533/.552 cam,,this is a "street" car with full interior,running through the exhaust..

I havent seen too many 383 stroker builds...
ANyone on here have one etc?
They dont seem to be too popular.
Just from what ive seen.

cubic inch is always the way to go although you'll have no problems getting into the 11s with the 408 why not go that extra bit and go bigger... 440 source sells two kits for a 383 one gets you to a 438 the other 496.

-
Back