408 stroker

-
Can I ask what Dyno this was tested on? Not that I doubt you but the #'s sound high to me. Was there anything else done? what intake? comp? Maybe I am just missing something. sorry no trying to be rude. Have been gathering parts for 408 for a bit now,open intake bowls & gasket matched EQ's, [email protected] .560" roller, modified mopar EFI, big injectors and 1000 cfm TB and my stuff pencils out at 470 HP 475 TQ, I would think there would be a bigger difference or are my numbers low? I cant find any dyno sheets from FI 408 except for chassis dyno w Dakotas. I have built a few of these but never got any dyno time as it was in Portland or Sacramento. They are stupid fast though, guess I need to buy some dyno time now Medford has one:)

I'm not sure what dyno it was, it is a service Mike offers and best I know he uses the same dyno for all his builds, but which one that is, I don't know

the intake is a wieand action plus, and the carb a quickfuel 750 (I believe, one of those newer "holleys")

as in MRL engines? He sure seems to know how to make big power with mopars! Maybe I am underestimating the output of my build...I might be too conservative on my #'s. When I get it together, there is a dyno guy about 45 miles away that charges $400 for the day and curiosity may get the better of my $400. Thanks for the info.

as in MRL engines? He sure seems to know how to make big power with mopars! Maybe I am underestimating the output of my build...I might be too conservative on my #'s. When I get it together, there is a dyno guy about 45 miles away that charges $400 for the day and curiosity may get the better of my $400. Thanks for the info.

yup that's the one :)

haven't had a chance to run her down the track yet
for starters, I cant get traction for nothing...and I have a small oil leak that ive been chasing my tail on and even though it is too small to be a big deal, I'm sure its large enough for the strip techs to ground me

I think there are a few posts in the MRL section of the forum that do post numbers

Any of those MRL 408s have any 1/4 mile MPH #s?
Be pepared for a sea of excuses....... Culminating in the statment "MPH numbers dont mean s@#t" by the OP. His reasoning was it ran in the elevens, so it MUST make 500 HP..... I started out by pointing out he could go alot faster with tuning, but gave up when I reilized he wouldnt understand.

Running a .557, 252 @ 50 mopar cam and I set my shift light at 5600. May get a little more out of it at higher rpms, but it's survived 7 years of racing without a rebuild so that's worth something.

Runs low 7s and mid 11s @ 3400# in Boise, ID.

Last edited:
-
Back