413 build - No Power - Won't even chirp a tire!?

-
Ignition timing is easy to check, why not start there first, before going through the work to check cam timing? This will help people help you. An aftermarket distributor probably is adjustable, you could have added more timing to get it to run with that big of a cam and ended up with too much total timing, just a thought.

Too much valve spring pressure will make it run like this. I have done this...not thinking. Urrgh... drove me nuts till I figured it out! Night and day difference.

Lots of arm chair mechanics here, but even if it should run better than than on any carb. I am betting the timing is off at the timing chain. Unless you use a degree wheel you can never trust dot to dot to be in the correct position.

Tom
What is your profile pic of PROSTOCKTOM??? Pretty cool looking...

Last edited:
Another thread about my wife is mad at me, why? Improper foundation before you got married. Nobody learned what they were doing before building the engine. I'm with the "bob that is famous". Buy Andy's book, tear down engine, inspect, measure and fix it.

1970dartcustom, It's a 1930 KJ model Henderson, custom built in 1936 by an Indiana guy named Orley Ray Courtney.
If you look it's pasted all over the internet.
Tom

-
Back