413 insight

-

gipperco

Reaction score
Hey what can you all tell me about a 413 with closed chamber heads? I have someone that is trying to sell me one for 75.00 complete. No idea as yet what year or what it came out of. I know nothing about 413's

The 413 will probably have the early closed chamber 516 heads with the smaller 1.60" exhaust valves. $75.00 is a good price, I'd buy it for that. Geof

i'd buy it
The crank is one of the best 440 cranks you can run. The rods are the same as 440 as well. The closed chamber heads are great to install the bigger (1.75) exhaust valves in and run on the later 74-77 motors to up the CR. $75 is a very good price.

Hey what can you all tell me about a 413 with closed chamber heads? I have someone that is trying to sell me one for 75.00 complete. No idea as yet what year or what it came out of. I know nothing about 413's
buy it but, your gonna have a hard time finding decent pistons if you wanna rebuild it.
you could however give it a .070" overbore and use 426 wedge pistons, which are more available.
don't worry much about goin .070" it'll take it with room to spare.
PS. is it an industrial 413?

The year is critical. Early 413s did not have cast-in rocker shaft stands. As I recall the early ones also had an eight-bolt crank flange that is NOT threaded and sticks out farther than a standard later big block. Also, the industrial motors had funky heads and water pump housings.

-
Back