413 Q's

-

sweatybetty

Reaction score
picked up a 413 industrial for FREE. pulled the heads and pan and found hone marks in the cylinders and the bearings look like new. the head gaskets are the steel chrysler gaskets too. so im thinking this is a real low mileage factory motor. its a 1972 block stamped j413th.
can anyone tell me the compression and if i can use the ind. heads with a regular car w.p. housing by blocking the extra holes in the heads.
any info would be great or point me in the right direction. thanks all

also this is going in my power wagon so im looking for more of a low end factory type engine.

An industrial motor will have low compression. It will probably not be over 8/1. The heads are the ones with the extra bolt in the center on the exhaust manifolds? They may have a different coolant flow pattern. Compare the head gaskets with ones from a car. Maybe someone here has a set of b/rb heads that will fit your needs.

...can anyone tell me the compression and if i can use the ind. heads with a regular car w.p. housing by blocking the extra holes in the heads.
any info would be great or point me in the right direction. thanks all...

blocks are the same as any pass car block.
compression with either head (open chamber) will be around 7.8:1.
yah you can use the pass car waterpump.
extra bolt holes in heads are for different accesories.

I believe the heads have a different bolt pattern on the exhaust

Had a 413 in a motorhome and was a very good engine for pulling a 27' coach doen the road

there just the normal rv/truck center dump exhaust manifolds, same as anyother BB cylinder head.

An industrial motor will have low compression. It will probably not be over 8/1. The heads are the ones with the extra bolt in the center on the exhaust manifolds? They may have a different coolant flow pattern. Compare the head gaskets with ones from a car. Maybe someone here has a set of b/rb heads that will fit your needs.

dartjack, that kinda answered my Q. the heads appear to in great condition so if i can use them i will. maybe i wasnt clear enough, but im wondering what affect using a car wp housing. and blocking the industrial wp housing holes on the front of the head, will have (over heating or too cool).
ill take one of the heads down to napa and compare head gaskets i think
thanks

GЯEENHOЯNET;251026 said:
there just the normal rv/truck center dump exhaust manifolds, same as anyother BB cylinder head.

totally different manifold. ill try to post some pics

-
Back