414 roller cam help???

-

440dart123

Reaction score
I have a 414 with 10.5 comp alum eddy heads non ported,vitor 340 intake tti headers,750 DP. Iam looking for some help on a cam iam looking at hughes drop in roller lifters and roller rockers they suggested one of there HER3642 Cams but from the hughes cams ive had in the past they were not lumpy enough for my likeing i like the sound of the 292 509 cam so iam looking for a cam to sound like it or lumpier. The car will have 391 to 355gears in it, the car is 75% street 25% drag but the car will get ran hard every time it gets started and i cant remember a time that the car didnt pull out of the driveway without doing a burnout

Its going in a 4speed 69 swinger that my dad bought in 73, its restored to its glory days of big snorkel hood scoop teardrop wing big white dodge emplems on the rear quarters aluminum slot wheels I actually have a picture of it the day before he bought it. My dad drove it through high school my brother drove it through highschool and actually lived in the car for a year "rough times" with my parents my brother is 37yr old now also i drove it through highschool iam 24 now my brothers kid will soon have his licesne and soon to drive the car as i hope my kids will be able to.

For the money I would run a solid FT cam. But if you still want the hyd. roller, I would use a cam that's about 248@ .050 on a 110lca.
Brian

I think because your heads are not ported, a roller will almost be a waste of money....I'm just guessin.

Well porting is not out of the question, as its still apart we had a 340 in it with a solid cam and it went flat and took out the bottom end and we ended up with this 414. What cam for stock eddys and what cam for ported eddys, it has to have a lumpy cam i would sacrafice a lil power if it meant a lumpier sound

So you want the roller cam because your afraid that will happen again? OK...ported or not I would still run what I suggested...you can also tighten up the lca to 108 or 107 and not advance it. You don't want too much cylinder PSI!!
Brian

So you want the roller cam because your afraid that will happen again? OK...ported or not I would still run what I suggested...you can also tighten up the lca to 108 or 107 and not advance it. You don't want too much cylinder PSI!!
Brian

I still dont know what a FT cam is??? what kind of power should i exspect with this car i was thinking on a good day is 475HP hopefully 450+ftlbs

FT is flat tappet although 475 is dooable with un cut edlebrock heads its not likely what exactly is your whole combo engine, trans, stall, tire, sise.

FT is flat tappet although 475 is dooable with un cut edlebrock heads its not likely what exactly is your whole combo engine, trans, stall, tire, sise.

69 dart
4speed
355s-391s more likely 355s

70 340 block 414 stroker kit, 10.5 comp, eddy heads, victor 340 intake we are running 14in alum slots with i would say they are 26in tall

Brian at IMM custom ground a retro fit hydraulic roller cam for me:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DH1DRzAVZI"]‪414 Small Block Mopar‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

You want lumpy he can hook you up.

If you can swing it send them heads to Shady Dell Speed or Brian at IMM and get them ported. That and a good cam you will be happy when the pedal goes down. If you are on a budget get the ports touched up, some bowl blending, check out the guide clearances, and go over the valve job.

Yeah I would not go flat tappet if you can afford a roller cam. One wiped lobe and you are screwed. If you do go roller the push rod holes on the heads will need to be opened up for clearance. Also, if you go with a big cam upgrading to 10 degree retainers and locks along with better valve springs would be a good idea.

-
Back