416 dArt

-

69_swinger

Reaction score
New to this forum ......

So I got this 69 dart swinger on trade I was just curious if some of you member would give me your opinions about the previous owners build and what E.T. You guys think it will turn here's some info on the car.....

69 dart fiberglass hood and bumpers
Full interior and cage
416 stroker 10.1 comp
Out of the box edelbrock 6017 heads
Comp cam xr286hr-10
Torqued ll intake
Holley 850 do
Hooker super comp headers
727 reverse valvebody
456 gears
26" tall tire
4500 stall

If I made a good pass with this set up I was just curious to what it would run with this set up before I do changes to it I know the best way to find out is to go to the track and I will but until then what you guys and gals opinions??????

Thanks

Welcome aboard.

11.2-3s?

Probably weighs under 3,200 with all the 'glass parts so that's good.

What about the chassis, converter and fuel system? Good converter is worth about 2 tenths all else being equal. Chassis needs to work well. Fuel system needs to be up to the task and not drain the bowls at the end of the run. Lot of gear for a short tire.

Thanks for quick comment .....

It has electric Holley fuel pump actually two cause it was set up for spray at one time but not now

It also has electric water pump

Yes I was thinkin that's a lot of gear for short tire also .....

11.2 - 11.3 I was thinkin mid 12s

4.56 gear and 26 inch tires...alot of rpm....

Thanks for quick comment .....

It has electric Holley fuel pump actually two cause it was set up for spray at one time but not now

It also has electric water pump

Yes I was thinkin that's a lot of gear for short tire also .....

11.2 - 11.3 I was thinkin mid 12s

Should be faster than mid 12s. My all steel Duster with a stock-stroke 340 went 12.20 with less gear. That was also on 7 cylinders.

If it's got a cage, it's theoretically capable of at least 11.50s, no?

Yes I was thinkin it will b a lot of rpm at the end of the trap as well.....I've read 416 will run good but I didn't know if this was a decent combo .....I definitely want to replace that torqued ll intake I haven't heard greT things about them

-
Back