4160 Holley help

-
Ok next question. Primary metering block is stuck on bad and having trouble getting it broke loose. Any ideas?

I use a large flat blade screwdriver to pry between the middle of the block and the main body. But, sometimes I have found even that does not work.....and you have to be careful not to break the main body.

If that does not work, take a gasket scraper and lightly tap it between the block and main body. Make SURE to position the scraper right on the gasket as you don't want to damage the block or main body.

Thank you rusty rat rod for the help. Got it tore down and gaskets removed and vac spring changed. Gonna take it to work tomorrow and clean it real good and put her back together. Now that I have taken it apart it's not that intimidating but is nothing like an edlebrock lol

No they are not difficult at all. The Edelbrocks are actually easier to me. If you have one, tear it down and reassemble it many times. You'll get the feel for it.

use chapstick on both sides of the gaskets so they don't stick. Makes disassembly much easier next time you work on it. Then you won't have to pry them apart.

Rob,Rusty Rat Rod: A wonderful rolling thread,with someone actually responding with actual factual posts,& pictures. You're probably enjoying this,this guy gets it...

Thanks for all the help again rusty rat rod. Acpat I actually seen the Chapstick idea from another member that was building a carb for a member that was stolen from and I used Chapstick on every paper seal

So I got her running on my 360 now. Seams like I have a little off idle to full throttle stumble in neutral since I can't take it on the street. It only stumbles if the Rpms are at idle. If I load it up even to 1000 Rpms it doesn't stumble. Where do I start there? I also bought a jet kit so pros and cons of using a power valve plug? And where do I start with jetting to compensate for it?

Where is your initial timing set?

Timing light took a **** but right around 20 initial when I set it up first then tuned it with a vac gauge

Newbee **** up. Thanks rusty rat. Had way too much advance in it. Got it dialed in back down to right around 21 and 39 total without vacuum advance. Coming off idle is way better

That's a little much on total. Do you have a way to limit total without affecting initial? It should be around 34-36.

Is there adjustment to the mechanical advance in a stock reman distributor?

Is there adjustment to the mechanical advance in a stock reman distributor?

Nope, have to braze the slots to limit advance. there is a measurement guide in the forum archives. do a search

-
Back