418 ci stroker build!

-

woojo6

Reaction score
Ok I'm curious with my new set up if I can ask all you Mopar guys if you can give me a 1/4 mile et based on my set up? It's a 1972 duster with stock suspension 26.0" MT sportsman pros 4:10 gears, 727 with maunual valve body, TCI street fighter converter 3000-3400 stall. Motor is a .040 340 (418) with a 4" stroke 9.8-1 compression. Ported j heads with 2.02, cam motion hydraulic camshaft with intake .503 lift 240 duration exhaust is .472 lift 246 duration with 108 lobe seperation,stealth dual plan intake, drag race demon 850 cfm carb. All MSD ignition. All 3/8" fuel lines and electric pump. This is a new setup in my car And would like to see what times I can expect ounce it's dialed in. This is a street car that i plan on taking to the track on occasions. Any feedback is appreciated.

Better run a pinion snubber. My guess... mid 12's.

keep us posted id like to know , looking at a sim setup:D

I'll say pretty deep in the 12's also considering it's only gonna make some occasional passes at the strip. Just wondering how hard you be able to launch on those tires. I know there the soft compound version, but if the track is hot or not prepped well you may have some slippage. With that being said, once it's sorted out there's 11 sec. potential in what you have. The MPH on your first few full runs will tell the story.

Just curious what headers and also what rockers you are running. Cam duration looks good, but i suspect a little more lift would benefit that set up albeit maybe at the slight expense of durability with a lot of street driving.

I have 1.5 rockers and hooker headers with 3" flowmasters. Thanks for the input!

It does have a pinion snubber on it as well. Im looking into running the MT street slicks since traction might be an issue. Anyone have an ideas for a driveshaft loop at the rearend side of the driveshaft? Thanks for your input!

a legal driveshaft loop needs to be no further back then 6 inches of the front u joint to keep you from doing the 1/8 pole vault...

-
Back