42 Years and it finally has a place

-

RON REAGLE

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Back in 1981 I had a friend drop off a 1967 notchback Barracuda in the field behind my house. It was a yellow 6 cyl car we ended up scrapping. Before we sent the shell off to the shredder I pulled emblems and the button with the Barracuda on it out of the steering wheel. It sat in a drawer and was moved many times over the last 42 years. This past week I ordered a new steering wheel for my 68 fastback from PG Classics. When it arrived the horn button cap had no emblem. I pulled the Barracuda emblem out and it fit right in and looks SWEET. It made me smile thinking how long I've held on to that never realizing the AWESOME car I was saving it for. Thought I'd share a really cool story.

IMG_3728.JPG

IMG_3727.JPG

Back in 1981 I had a friend drop off a 1967 notchback Barracuda in the field behind my house. It was a yellow 6 cyl car we ended up scrapping. Before we sent the shell off to the shredder I pulled emblems and the button with the Barracuda on it out of the steering wheel. It sat in a drawer and was moved many times over the last 42 years. This past week I ordered a new steering wheel for my 68 fastback from PG Classics. When it arrived the horn button cap had no emblem. I pulled the Barracuda emblem out and it fit right in and looks SWEET. It made me smile thinking how long I've held on to that never realizing the AWESOME car I was saving it for. Thought I'd share a really cool story.

View attachment 1716053848

View attachment 1716053849

Looks awesome!

BTW, the PG Classics parts seem to be getting much better. I saw that same wheel from PG a few years ago and it did not look as good as yours.

Here's the 67 wood wheel. It was recalled though so not many out there .
67wheel-jpg.jpg

OH NO MR. BILL! I have emblems from my first car in 1973, parts and pieces probably from every other one that I've owned. I don't want them all coming back to haunt me.
Maybe, it's time for a garage sale.
Thumbs up to you! That IS a cool story.

Here's how you know you're getting old. I got parts stashed in a drawer older than you !!!! LOL

If you guys haven't seen the AWESOME Barracuda this went in here it is.

IMG_3362.JPG

Looks awesome!

BTW, the PG Classics parts seem to be getting much better. I saw that same wheel from PG a few years ago and it did not look as good as yours.

I got the same wheel last year. It's pretty nice but by no means perfect. Would definitely purchase one again instead of going the route of paying a few hundred for an original one and then god knows how much to restore.

Just moving this back to the forum since the old wheel is for sale and guys are wondering "where's the fish emblem"

-
Back