426 Hammer head motor...WTF

-
....Dumbasses on CL, its a "426" Wedge,,,,Like any other Mopar engine thats NOT a "Hemi" or should I say "Thee Hemi"??????

Looks like a very we'll done car. Never heard the hammer head thing before?

View attachment 65 Coronet 426.jpg

A 426 Street Wedge block was also available in 1964 and 1965. It bears little relation to the Max Wedge except for basic architecture and dimensions. The Street Wedge was available only in B-body cars (Plymouth and Dodge) and light-duty Dodge D Series trucks. It was little more than an increased-bore version of the standard New Yorker 413 single 4-barrel engine.

hammerhead STFU

426 ramcharger stickers on those cheapo summit valve covers. its probably not even a 426 wedge. I see he couldn't help but stick the Mecum paper plates on it.

nice car though

View attachment 1714744315

A 426 Street Wedge block was also available in 1964 and 1965. It bears little relation to the Max Wedge except for basic architecture and dimensions. The Street Wedge was available only in B-body cars (Plymouth and Dodge) and light-duty Dodge D Series trucks. It was little more than an increased-bore version of the standard New Yorker 413 single 4-barrel engine.

Karl,
I thought that the Street Wedge and the Max-Wedge, shared the same block, bore and stroke, and merely had different heads and intake to have the different uses, AKA Max-Wedge was straight racing, and the Street Wedge 426 was well, for street use.....BUT both blocks were one and the same.....Altho the Max-Wedge may have had a bit of a Cam in it,.....I may be wrong tho, so no one quote me on it, I just thought that the 426 Wedge and the 426 Max-Wedge were close brothers....One took after "Ma" and the other took after "Pa" in the Mopar household.....

-
Back