426 Hemi/ 1969 Dart eng. swap

-

nothingbutdarts

Reaction score
Hay guys, Looking for advice here.
I going to put in a 1966 Hemi into my 1969 Swinger, not trying to make a clone car here just a fun toy.
I'm trying to make the conversion to look as factory as possible and not have to beat up the body if I can help it.
I have a 73 "A" body complete front "K" member and associated suspension pieces.
Any help and imput would be very helpfull!!!

Thank You, Kim Whitlock, Bailey Colorado [email protected]

:scratch:

I think schumaker has a mount kit for the stk K member to a Hemi. And I know that several folks make headers too.

Man that is gonna be a nice ride! Are yoing to use the later hemi dual carter afb setup on that late intake that wa used from 68 - 71?

Is it going to be a 727 trans too? If the tranny is a 727 you should be ok with an 8 3/4 rear. I also would get the big block torsion bars for the car to support the weight. And make sure you have front disc brakes too.

post some pics as you get going...

:-| Thanks Dyno Dave!

I have a complete "K" frame, discs, upper and lower control arms from a 73 or 74 "A" body to use for this conversion. I'm using a 727as well and it does have the 8 3/4 in the car as it was a 340 car origionally.
I also have the inline dual fours factory 1966 manifold and the carbs. I'm sending off the "K" frame to be modified for the mounts next week to Hemispherical Productions, he has done quite a few Hemi conversions, he sells the brackets and motor mounts too.
I'm just trying to get some information from this post. I have heard Hooker sells the origional headers that they made for the S/Stock cars and you just buy a street collector and weld them together. I have been told by a few people that you don't always have to beat in the right shock tower for clearance and some have told me you do. I know time will tell but, you can't ever get enought imput on a project!

Kim

AdamR had a link to his website on S/S A cars, I don`t know what`s happened with it though. You should find lots of useful information at bigblockdart.com

-
Back