426 Hemi #s Help!!!

-
C denotes the engine series. H denotes the Hemispherical heads. 10 is the number for October. 11 is the day of the month. 14 means it was the 14th built that day.

If I understand correctly, the 'series C' would mean it was built for use in a 1967 vehicle.

The "Maltese" cross generally means an under sized crank journal at the factory.

Hello Men,
I grabbed the laptop and Presto !!! All of ya are RIGHT ON!!! THANK YOU!
I had the C as my '67/440 is likewise it was the Maltese Cross that had me foweld!! Wt= water tested
Now ? # 2=. What is it worth? A fair price, the guy just has Block,Crank,rods, old pistons, NO HEADS ETC?
Unmolested,and it was magged. Was thinking of a rebuild for the '69 dart,swapping out the
440. Thanks for the time and INPUT ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!
Mitch

Good info. Didn't know about the water tested stampings.
My 68 casting block didn't get many stamps for some reason?

Attachments

• IMG_20151230_210736_655.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 228
It looks like everyone solved the stamps before I got here. I just made a post yesterday about pad stamps. I think it is cool that stuff like this wasn't melted down. They used it. A nod to resourcefulness and a true deviation from our "throw away" society. Price. First I can NEVER find this stuff so I can't tell you what I paid..lol. A new, bare, aluminum block runs around $5500 which has no crank, rods, etc. You essentially have a short block in need of machining. Take that machining and the cost of new pistons and rings into account. Do some quick searches on cost of early hemi short blocks. Your offer should come under that and factor in what you need to spend to get it there. I know your intent was to put in your own car, but that doesn't mean you can't leave yourself an out and be fiscally prudent. $1500-1800 offer. $800-1200 machine work, $800-1200 for Pistons and rings. High end you will have just under $5k in it. I am sure someone smarter than me will tell me otherwise.
Happy New Year!!

It looks like everyone solved the stamps before I got here. I just made a post yesterday about pad stamps. I think it is cool that stuff like this wasn't melted down. They used it. A nod to resourcefulness and a true deviation from our "throw away" society. Price. First I can NEVER find this stuff so I can't tell you what I paid..lol. A new, bare, aluminum block runs around $5500 which has no crank, rods, etc. You essentially have a short block in need of machining. Take that machining and the cost of new pistons and rings into account. Do some quick searches on cost of early hemi short blocks. Your offer should come under that and factor in what you need to spend to get it there. I know your intent was to put in your own car, but that doesn't mean you can't leave yourself an out and be fiscally prudent. $1500-1800 offer. $800-1200 machine work, $800-1200 for Pistons and rings. High end you will have just under $5k in it. I am sure someone smarter than me will tell me otherwise.
Happy New Year!!

Give Scott (HARM) a jingle. He may be interested. I think he has a 67 Hemi car that may need a motor.

letter A is .020" over cylinder bores, and the pad being blank is a replacement block - not installed in a vehicle at the factory

Thank you ALL!!! AWSOME input, '67 CUDA- Gotta love that Avatar!! That Guy was the BALLS!!
Cool ,CALM TOO BAD HE GOT BURNED!!!!
THE CAR TOOO!!!
Happy New Years Men!!

The deck looks milled to me so they were probably erased I would've had them stop at the pad to save them..

-
Back